Jim P.

NASA-SE::Roebling Road Rumble, Sep 29-30, 2007

robbodleimages
103 dB - measured on the driver's side of the car just past the start/finish line on the front straight

I wait for the day when we can exclude Roebing from our calender, stupid rules , rude track management, I don't sugar coat things.

Hurry up High rock

Fc

103+

They don't sugar coat things either and so you don't like them. hmm.

Maybe its because my car runs in the low 90's on the db meter, but Ive had three very pleasant events at Roebling. I find it to be about the easiest 6 hour commute that I could deal with. I think Savannah is a great town to travel to. I run my most competitive lap times there. The only unpleasant part of RRR is the sand paddock.

I would be very disappointed if Roebling was removed from the NASA-SE schedule.

trackaddict

+1

I really like driving Roebling.

Fred Crawford
103 dB - measured on the driver's side of the car just past the start/finish line on the front straight

I wait for the day when we can exclude Roebing from our calender, stupid rules , rude track management, I don't sugar coat things.

Hurry up High rock

Fc

103+

Maybe its because my car runs in the low 90's on the db meter, but Ive had three very pleasant events at Roebling. I find it to be about the easiest 6 hour commute that I could deal with. I think Savannah is a great town to travel to. I run my most competitive lap times there. The only unpleasant part of RRR is the sand paddock.

Fc

Nobody no Title

LMan

Life's a series of compromises

CarterRace

Lucid Moments

The difference being that Fred is their customer not the other way around. I don't tolerate poor customer service very well myself. Things may have to be the way they are, but you can be nice when you tell me about it. Its just a thing of mine.

That being said, I like running at Roebling too. I think its a fun track, and Savannah is a nice town so I would miss it if it came off the schedule

Edited by Guest

REDRAGN53

Fred & Lucid sitting in a tree...

Lucid Moments
Fred & Lucid sitting in a tree...

Hey, be nice or I'll drive your car again

REDRAGN53

Ok, Ok you win....just dont hurt the DRAGON

robbodleimages

The difference being that Fred is their customer not the other way around. I don't tolerate poor customer service very well myself. Things may have to be the way they are, but you can be nice when you tell me about it. Its just a thing of mine.

That being said, I like running at Roebling too. I think its a fun track, and Savannah is a nice town so I would miss it if it came off the schedule

See, I have this treat others as if....thing. Thats all. I see someone being straight forward about being blunt in complaining about something. And think its odd that the complaint is about someone that is too blunt.

Maybe I am reading this wrong.

ctbimmer

OK, so the track management isn't known for their customer service skills. I think we all know the track is in a precarious situation with it's neighbors, and the way things are is the way they are. If you bother to know the rules and follow them, you don't have any hassles. I fired up a race car after 8pm several years ago, with predictable results, and that's the last unpleasant conversation I've had with the manager.

So what. RRR is a great track, lots of fun, and in stark contrast to RA, is a track where you can push the envelope with a much lower risk of something expensive happening. (Ask me how I know)

As a bonus, it's the one track city that I can get my wife to come along to, because Savannah is such a great place. Helps to avoid the "You left me alone all weekend again" demerits that usually result from a trip to anywhere else.

If they could figure out how to build a bridge or tunnel to get in/out while the track is hot, I'd say the place is just about perfect.

cwbaader

Been running RR since the current management moved into the paddock. They have been wonderful to work with. You always know where you stand, and if you are smart enough to negotiate rather than demand, you will be amazed how user friendly Kay and Richard can be. (It also helps to READ THE TRACK RULES and abide by them...makes life easier for Kay and Richard and YOU!!!)

It would also be a shame to drop RR. This is the fastest track in the south east and the one with the least chance of impacting something solid. A great multi groove race track that is very easy on tires and equipment. See some of y'all there in December. Chuck

robbodleimages

I will add both that this is a track owned by racers for the use of racers.

It may be a rival club, but its still owned by us, the racers, rather than those that just want to make a buck off of us and toss us out when it best suits them and that it is freshly paved.

The track surface is in great shape.

REDRAGN53
As a bonus, it's the one track city that I can get my wife to come along to, because Savannah is such a great place. Helps to avoid the "You left me alone all weekend again" demerits that usually result from a trip to anywhere else.

Thats a big 10-4...easiest track on the circuit ( to take to woman to!)

Fred Crawford
Been running RR since the current management moved into the paddock. They have been wonderful to work with. You always know where you stand, and if you are smart enough to negotiate rather than demand, you will be amazed how user friendly Kay and Richard can be. (It also helps to READ THE TRACK RULES and abide by them...makes life easier for Kay and Richard and YOU!!!)

It would also be a shame to drop RR. This is the fastest track in the south east and the one with the least chance of impacting something solid. A great multi groove race track that is very easy on tires and equipment. See some of y'all there in December. Chuck

How long has the New management been there ?

Fc

Nobody no Title

Falcon

How long has the New management been there ?

Fc

Nobody no Title

Since 1941. The bunch before that was really tough.

Fred Crawford

Falcon, go back to your nap....

Fc

cwbaader

Fred, I'm thinking 1999 or 2000. I believe I went to driver's school in 2001 but ran Solo 1 before that. Chuck

mpowers

If you take a moment to get to know Richard and Kay they are some great people. This payed off this spring when I broke rank with my trailer in tow and drove around the hordes of people waiting to drive thru only the right gate.

Yes I got yelled at, but once they saw who it was (not that I am special) they nicely asked me not to do that again. Then even help me find a parking spot since some bmw basterd stole my spot that I had marked.

Also think about the concesion stand, the food is probably the best out of all the southeast tracks.

And the restrooms are some of cleanest, even after Saturday night!

mpowers

frequent rule breaker

Varkwso

Fred is blunt...

Falcon is taking a nap....

Mpowers blazes new trails and is the NASA bathroom monitor....

I have been running there since 2001 - and Richard and Kay were well established by then...

I love Roebling - and I run it pretty often...it will be bad for NASA-SE to drop the track

Even Reddragn can get a girl there....

I get along great with the track management...but I always treat them with respect....and I make sure I follow the rules...

Edited by Guest

LMan

Lucky for you that you didn't need air-conditioning in Control, then

REDRAGN53
Even Reddragn can get a girl there....

Yeah just dont tell her its not really a vacation

zul8r

as long as i get the car back together in the next couple days i will be at Roebling. Im waiting on the drivers side knuckle, being brought down by Karl. Once again a HUGE thanks to Johns Honda Recycling for keeping us on track. Somehow i snapped my axle during the Championship race in Ohio and managed to finish the race.

I think this will be that last event the car will be signed up for H5. Next year it will be a whole new Machine ,H2 style

timz06

I agree the track managment and workers can be very rude. Even if you are following the rules and they believe you are not. Once you get to know them the are OK...they are like German people and coconuts hard on the outside and soft on the inside as opposed as to what you expect, peaches-soft on the outside hard on the inside.

Fred Crawford
I agree the track managment and workers can be very rude. Even if you are following the rules and they believe you are not. Once you get to know them the are OK...they are like German people and coconuts hard on the outside and soft on the inside as opposed as to what you expect, peaches-soft on the outside hard on the inside.

fruit cake

Fc

Martha Stuart