Paddock Vehicle Clarification

John Graber

i cant imagine how congested everyhting is gonna be if everyone that would be ridin a bike is now gonna be drivin their car around.

what a lame rule

Plus the blvd from paddock to grid is bassackwards.

Drive on the left.

At the crossing paddock roads will be a person playing traffic cop.

Major mix of racecars, pedestrians including small children, street cars, atv's, mopeds.

Real mess with those that don't stay left.

CF actually.

jb

Actually, unless you have the correct vehicle pass that will allow you to drive your vehicle into the Paddock - you will be walking. Mid-Ohio issues vehicle passes and only those authorized to be in the paved paddock will get the proper pass. Most of us will probably only be getting a #1 pass (or whatever number they use this year - they mix it up from year to year) which will allow you in the grass - not the paved areas.

So, what can we use? I have a bike, and ATV and the golf cart people want $100 for the first day and $75 each day after that. A rental car would be cheaper. I guess people will be driving tow vehicles and POV's around. Does not seem like a good idea.

This event is getting way to many regulations to make it fun anymore. I guess if your golf cart is not licensed then you can't even drive it.

I just read it,

If it does not have a state license plate from your home state then you can NOT use it. If it does have a plate then you can pay Mid-Ohio $25 for a decal that lets you drive it around Mid-Ohio paddock area.

everyone else will be walking.

I just read it,

If it does not have a state license plate from your home state then you can NOT use it. If it does have a plate then you can pay Mid-Ohio $25 for a decal that lets you drive it around Mid-Ohio paddock area.

everyone else will be walking.

Look again - you misread the info a little. If you bring your own golf cart, you must purchase the $25 vehicle pass. All other vehicles must have a plate.

Edited by Guest

OK...so i have to cough up $ 25.00 for my golf cart. i will need to equipment decals it looks like. do i have to pay for the extra one???

i will need to haul tires to PHils with my truck...