So when does smack talk start for nationals??

Red Tornado

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• onralz

• tacovini

• Glenn

• King Matt

I won't partake in the smack talk, but I would like to post a gripe:

Why has the OH/IN region been running the Pro Course all year? I haven't seen that discussed much, but I think it's borderline weaksauce. Sure they have to run the track since it's in their region and yes, it's only one small section of track that is changed... but at least give the illussion of trying to keep a somewhat level playing field.

I agree that is weak. But whatever. We are not pros so we don't make it out there to get laps until the race. The fair thing would have been to make it a different config for the Nationals in an attempt to level the playing field, just a little. There no excuse for the locals now.

i'm w/ adam. the CMC Pro course track record was just reset a few weeks back and its not much faster than what i ran on the club course in 2006. i feel a low 41 coming on in less 2 weeks.

Running the Pro Course just means everyone won't have to slow down in the areas where the hometown boys are broken down this year!!!

what?????? i thought that was a blue oval salvage yard who's owner was all about "location, location, location!"

• Members
Running the Pro Course just means everyone won't have to slow down in the areas where the hometown boys are broken down this year!!!

what?????? i thought that was a blue oval salvage yard who's owner was all about "location, location, location!"

Exactly! I thought the chicane was to slow the drivers down to look at all the cars that'll be on ebay in a month!

ps. I can't talk, but at least when I broke during the race I was able to limp into the paddock

i'm w/ adam. the CMC Pro course track record was just reset a few weeks back and its not much faster than what i ran on the club course in 2006. i feel a low 41 coming on in less 2 weeks.

Glenn, the fastest time shown on Mylaps for you last year at Mid-Ohio is a 1:43.680. The current Pro Course record is a 1:42.34. That's a 1.3-second difference. I don't doubt someone will break into the 41s either, but let's have a little reality check on the situation.

Matt, Matt, Matt. lesson #1 in smack talk- "the smacketh that be talketh, doeth not have to be true!"

i was shooting off the hip w/ a general comment. sorry.

I think the smack talk started when last year's race ended. As far as the Blue oval junk yard in the chicane, I was one of the culprits last year, but the car didn't end up on Ebay. It'll be there again this year. Well, there at the race, not the chicane. (crossing fingers)

Stop your whining about the "hometown boys" would you. I live 500 miles away and still only make it to Mid-Ohio once a year during Nationals. Not what I'd call a hometown advantage. Besides, You West coasters state you started this series so if you'd been on the ball, you'd have created a Nationals before this "new" Midwest region came about. See everyone at Nat's.

Mark,

You owe me a beer and I'm calling in my debt.

See you at Nats!

-=- Todd

Beer collects interest just like money. I'll bring a case. Kick Ginsberg's ass for me again and I'll bring the good stuff. Name your poison. Just kidding Adam, I'll root for you both.

Kick Ginsberg's ass for me again and I'll bring the good stuff. Name your poison. Just kidding Adam, I'll root for you both.

Again? What's this again BS?? I left Covini in my dust at the '06 Nats, and he's too scared to race at the '07 Nats.

Kick Ginsberg's ass for me again and I'll bring the good stuff. Name your poison. Just kidding Adam, I'll root for you both.

Again? What's this again BS?? I left Covini in my dust at the '06 Nats, and he's too scared to race at the '07 Nats.

Mark, i'm available for hire...... but then again, i'll do it for free, so it will not matter.

Now I do agree a bit with Pat, home track advantage is huge.

I for one would love to see the championship travel every 2 years and be like an olympics. Take the country's 6 best tracks and rotate.

Now I do agree a bit with Pat, home track advantage is huge.

I for one would love to see the championship travel every 2 years and be like an olympics. Take the country's 6 best tracks and rotate.

Great idea!!!

I agree on the rotation. I would tentatively plan on running Nationals next year for the first time. I would do it for the experience of doing it and running famous Mid-Ohio. But as I gain experience and care more about competiting than just doing, I would want to see the race on a track that I know and can put my best forward.

In my part of the country we have VIR, Road Atlanta, Roebling Road that are courses most anyone would look forward to trying their hand at.

If we could run the Nationals in the southeast every 3 or 4 years, I would certainly load up for Willow Springs or Sears Point(can't call that other name) in return.

Ha, you guys obviously have no idea what it is like to negociate, get and more importantly KEEP a prime track date at a regular track, much less the 6 best tracks in the country. It is pretty much up to the tracks on what NASA gets, if you get it, after the ALMS, CART, Bikes, NASCAR, ROLEX, Grand AM, etc set their schedules and grab the dates. Think 5 year contracts to lock things in people (like Mid-Ohio). Rotation may be nice, but it will not happen, period. The tracks reward consistancy of schedules, not a fly by night "Hey, I need you track this year, on a prime date, so give me a week. Next year we will be somewhere else, but I am sure you will accomidate us"

Thank you, Chris. There is a reason the SCCA Runoffs spent over a decade each at Road Atlanta and Mid-Ohio. It's amazing how few people seem to understand the underlying realities and economics of this sport. Maybe we should have the Nationals at Brainerd so the Minnesota folks can stay close to home.

Maybe we should have the Nationals at Brainerd so the Minnesota folks can stay close to home.

Are you just trying to egg me on a rant again? We all know that there are really only 4 racers from Minnesodah. They just have 27 diffrent log ins each.

Are you just trying to egg me on a rant again? We all know that there are really only 4 racers from Minnesodah. They just have 27 diffrent log ins each.

People don't actually live in Minnesodah, do they?