So when does smack talk start for nationals??

Red Tornado

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• onralz

• tacovini

• Glenn

• King Matt

Maybe we should have the Nationals at Brainerd so the Minnesota folks can stay close to home.

Are you just trying to egg me on a rant again? We all know that there are really only 4 racers from Minnesodah. They just have 27 diffrent log ins each.

OOOuch !! Shot's fired, directly over the bow. Man your battle stations. It's starting.............again.

I see we got the CMC smack talk started. What about the AI smack talk?

Mark, do you want smack talk or predictions? Pat L. and his new car recently shattered a long standing respectable track record by some 3 seconds. I got think he's got an edge. Jason and Robin are wicked fast at MO, so I'm very interested to see how it unfolds.

I see we got the CMC smack talk started. What about the AI smack talk?

Mark, do you want smack talk or predictions? Pat L. and his new car recently shattered a long standing respectable track record by some 3 seconds. I got think he's got an edge. Jason and Robin are wicked fast at MO, so I'm very interested to see how it unfolds.

That's the problem in AI. We can't really smack talk that much in the top three because those are the predicted top three. I think we ought to throw the 50 lb's of weight the aluminum chevy block saved Pat on the front of his car without telling him. Ok, it wouldn't solve the problem, but it would help a little. I predict that both Jay and Robin will be in the 36's by Friday and that Jay has the edge if he qualifies better than Robin. I'm not going to predict 4-10th. Too many possibilities. Should we smack talk who's going to break first?

Trust me, I'd be slinging it around with you all, but I don't talk without a running car... yup, that's right. But no worries, this time last year we were fighting worse issues. BTW, all I can think about is how badass it's going to be to run around the track with ~30 AI cars!!! I need to clone myself so I can watch the race too.

.....I predict that both Jay and Robin will be in the 36's by .....

It's already happened...from mylaps.com.... 21 Robin Burnett 1:36.946

Jay and Robin have been in 36's on and off all year it seems.

I ran pretty consistent 38's on only my 2nd real session on that track during the race so I hope to be well into the 37's by Friday. So not a snowball chance in hell of getting near those guys. I just want one of those coveted 4th-10th spots is my personal goal.

The key being that Pat, Jay, and Robin do all need to finish the race and do well in both qualifying races.

I don't care how good you are if you start way back it will be hard to work through.

So here is my prediction...

A SURPRISE SOUTHEAST AND MID-ATLANTIC TOP 3 SWEEP!!!

Beau, Landon, and I surprise the hometown crowd when Pat, Jay, and Robin tangle in madness on the last lap and take themselves out.

What about AIX Ernesto?

I heard that Corey has a new top secret engine, watch out

I wish I knew. I just hope my car finishes the first lap on Thursday practice let alone the Sunday race.

I know about Corey's motor. He should be going by me in the straights

Me too.

Matt,

I'll take a Texas/Calif/Calif/ trifecta in CMC/AI/AIX for $50 please.

(I shoulda taken the CMC bet for $50 last year, I woulda won that one too!)

-=- Todd

I didn't bet at all nor will I this year.

Last thing I want is to go the Basketball, or Pete Rose route as a series director.

All in good fun....but I predict Matt King will be wrong.

-=- Todd

PS- JB, I wouldn't have put money on you or GL last year...you two were the dark horses but I'm glad it worked out! This year...odds are on you guys due to your records.

That's about what I expected from a series director ...

You are right sorry about that, I expect the fastest car to win

I also predict that it will take more than blatant speed to win. It will take consistent speed. The fastest lap time doesn't always win the race.

Obviously my prediction of someone being in the 36's will come true since they are already doing it. 32's Ernesto????? Only if you drive in AI.

There is some smack talk going on in the Midwest forum about beer companies. Supposedly the Colorado gang is going to bring out some microbrews to compete with Mad Brew. I offered to taste test all that they needed me to. If that party doesn't happen, I told the Corner Carvers guys they were welcome to hang out at my trailer and do some bench racing and chair drinking on Saturday night. I race better with a hangover.

Obviously my prediction of someone being in the 36's will come true since they are already doing it. 32's Ernesto????? Only if you drive in AI.

I think AIX should be in the 29's with AI in the 34's (if Robin gets my hood that is).

I also heard of some last minute entries trying to come about, could be some heavy hitters from the detials I got. I could tell ya but then I would half to kill ya. And no it's not me, I will not be racing my car in AIX this year but with any luck I might share some track time with you guys since we are bringing our SU Morgan Aero 8GTR that just got a transplant instead.

Paul Brown

Tiger Racing

Speaking only for myself, I am well aware of the difficulties of getting and keeping a date at these road courses.

I can't say I completely appreciate the tone of the criticism. I would suggest using a currently scheduled fall date that would otherwise be a regional event.

That way the date is consistant. for NASA at the given track. Its a basic thought that would need fleshing out.

The other side of that is creating a situation where the national event is every year at a crappy track like the SCCA has or the home track advantage tilts the field against those that go to the most trouble to come to the race.

I realize that its a difficult situation and a fix is not an easy one. But because someone suggests that it would be more fun for some to a lot of us if the home track advantage was shared just a little, it doesn't mean that we are idiots for thinking that way.