Indoor Karting - Who's up for some off season racing?

Redstone

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrie

• Redstone

• DaveWright

• RaceTiva

holy crap.. i totally forgot about this. I've been so busy the past few weeks its completely slipped my mind.

who of the norcal guys are up for lemans? some of the others seemed to only show interest at rpm or gokartracer.

week days after 7pm or all day on the weekends work for me. whats everyone else's availability?

I would be down anytime in the evening or weekends. I much prefer gokartracer to lemans, even though it is a longer drive for me, but I will do either.

My experiences at LeMans have always been poor. Granted, I have not been there for over 2 years, but there is a reason for that. All the other times I have gone have been tainted by pretty horrible experiences almost always related to kart maintenence or attitude of the staff.

While the karts are heavier at GKR, the karts almost never break down, are maintained to a high level of equity in performance, and the staff is professional and helpful. Not to mention GKR has a better facility for large gatherings, with lounges, food, and drinks.

I have always found GKR's tracks more fun as well. 90 degree turns inside a small box gets old after a while, and the larger building allows for more interesting layouts at GKR.

I am living out in Modesto on a temporary work assignment for the next few months and I would be in for a karting event. Weekends work best for me so if that happens count me in as well.

bpt

i stopped by gokartracer for the first time this week. it was pretty cool, better facility than i expected. karting is always a good work out. we did the triple shot Tuesday. my hands were sore haha. need to practice some Iron Palm. heh.

I second super track.

anyone down for going to GKR this sun/mon ?

Sunday may be doable, i'd like to see a decent number turnout if I'm going to drive in from Modesto rather than just running with 2 or 3.

thoughts?

Ill be at infenion this weekend too... I could do after 5ish sunday night or monday morning....

Monday Morning?!? I would think most of us have to work.

It's good to be a (soon to be) college student huh?!? (<- that was spoken out of jealousy).

• Members

haha... What's this "work" thing you speak of??? lol nights bartending is where the money is at for me.. So mornings are good for me!! By mornings I mean sometime after 12pm...haha

Graham and I can't make this Sunday. Graham and his dad are license testing in my car this weekend at Infineon. Monday night works for me though.

Devin

Congrats to Graham and his dad for getting thier comp license. Two more great drivers/competitors for HC. Welcome ROOKS! 4 Rookies in the group. Devin, Graham, his Dad and me. Now thats some scary shit. LOL! We takin over!!

thanks bro! We had a good last session of the day on sunday. It was fun swapping back and forth.

how did the new diff work out? You were running pretty good even with a passenger in the car.

i forgot to say goodbye i didnt see you before we left. cya at thunderhill

-Graham

thanks bro! We had a good last session of the day on sunday. It was fun swapping back and forth.

how did the new diff work out? You were running pretty good even with a passenger in the car.

i forgot to say goodbye i didnt see you before we left. cya at thunderhill

-Graham

My passenger thought he was fast until that session. He said he never thought a car could handle and do the things that we did. LOL! He definetly got a new look for what we do in HC and is going to start moving his way up like we all did. When you get a chance upload that video please. I'd like to see it. Also I ran 1:56 in that last session with the passenger.

i watched the video last night. It's pretty good. ill upload it asap.

It would have been much better if Devin's civic had gas in it. It only had about 1/4 tank when the session started. It was boggin thru most of the corners and badly in turn 3 and 4.

I ran a 1:54.6 in the last session. most of the other laps were 57's and 58's.

i watched the video last night. It's pretty good. ill upload it asap.

It would have been much better if Devin's civic had gas in it. It only had about 1/4 tank when the session started. It was boggin thru most of the corners and badly in turn 3 and 4.

I ran a 1:54.6 in the last session. most of the other laps were 57's and 58's.

Nice!! And thanks.

• 1 month later...

Ok,

since nobody took the ball, I'll do it.

For those who are interested, email me at andrie "at" gmail "dot" com

use karting on the subject line.

Please email me by this friday.

The tentative date is Sunday, Nov 18 or Sunday, Nov 25.

The facility is Gokart racer in burlingame.

Please include your prefered date out of the two above. Do not give me an alternative date. Only from the two above. Failure to do so will be excluded.