NASA's Talladega event.... a HUGH SUCCESS !!!

trumperZ06

trumperZ06

The Southeast Chapter's event at Little Talladega Grand Prix was an OUTSTANDING event with plenty of Track Time and NO major incidents!!!

Everyone had a great time running that track and the newbe's got a chance to see a road course under very safe conditions.

Jim Pantas and his wife Julie ( with good club support), had the event well organized and running on time!

Dan Unkefer is the finest classroom instuctor I have seen, and Bill Johnson's introduction as the new Chief Instructor for the Southeast Chapter... was flawless!!!

I meant a few people from the Virginia Chapter ( I think they have moved over to the SE group), some other track junkies like myself, and a bunch of new guys who know their way around a track!!!

We all hope that those of you who didn't make it to Talladega will come out to Road Atlanta in June. That's gonna be a fine event!

Cya,

Trumper aka Wayne Bodge

macstang

I have to agree with all that!!!! It was my first track event and I could not have asked for better instructors and overall treatment! Jim ya got me hooked, Im gonna do every event that I can convince my wife of.

I have been to many motorsports events and that was the best one yet. I learned alot from alot of people and really enjoyed meeting ya'll. Hmm.....Road Atlanta.....please honey. lol

912 and Counting

Anybody get pictures to post? A flame throwing Porsche (I'll fix the timing and valves for next time), spins in a Lotus?

Great weekend the the rain kept at bay for most of the time. (Thank god for the Red Ford Truck drying tool. Which now needs new brake pads, don't tell the wife ).

The SE Region is a great group. Everyone was very nice and helpful.

I know David Smith and Ken ( who was very helpful at the starter stand - sorry, didnt get his last name!) took a large number of pictures. I dont know when they will be posted, but I know at least David's should be up on the website before too long.

• Members

Thanks all for the very kind words, we had a tremendous amount of fun as well putting the event together and we promise to make Road Atlanta just as much fun!

Yes, David and I haven't been able to get together and put the pics up on the website, but it'll happen before this weekend!