Windshield fogging

Orawiec

As everyone knows it rained hard in Aug at Mid Ohio during some of Sundays events. I was DUMB enough to go out. My windshield of course FOGGED up Big time. Could wait to get off the track. Does the RainX or any other brand of nonfogging stuff really work???? If not what works?????

• National Staff
As everyone knows it rained hard in Aug at Mid Ohio during some of Sundays events. I was DUMB enough to go out. My windshield of course FOGGED up Big time. Could wait to get off the track. Does the RainX or any other brand of nonfogging stuff really work???? If not what works?????

I bought the RainX. It doesn't work as good as a defroster, but it is much better than nothing.

Be careful if you have lexan. Most of those items, inclduing Rain-x, will destroy the lexan. I believe you can get some products that will work on lexan at a motorcycle dealer.

• 3 months later...

even anti-fog coatings/sprays need airflow to carry the moisture away. Rig up a small blower, but even then, play on carrying the old "rag on a stick" to wipe the winshield every few laps.

I've used all sorts of chemicals on lexan, and never damaged it. If you have a lexan winshield with a chip or anti-fog coating, you can damage that, but the lexan should not react to normal cleaners and treatments.