Live Timing, Scoring, Audio from National Chamionships

NASA Jim

Live Results displays the current session and you can also view a list of the day's past sessions:

http://www.drivenasa.com/liveresults/live.php

There is also Live Passings if you want to see individual lap times:

http://mylaps.com/live/ShowTrack2.jsp?tid=313

To listen to the Live Audio, you will need a streaming media player like iTunes or WinAMP. Click here to listen:

http://trailer.drivenasa.com:8005/listen.pls

If you guys have some way to increase the delay between the page flips in flash, it would be really helpful - especially since the results aren't sorted by laptime. The pages flip too fast to really see how someone is doing relative to another person.

Have fun!

You're right, the display is sorted by track position. Leader is at the top. The lap time shown is the most recent laptime, not the best lap.

Unfortunately this flip is controlled by mylaps.com and we can't change it. Like last year it is top on our gripe list about the live results.

But here's a tip from last year: if you right click somewhere in the table, it will pause the display from flipping as long as you have the right click menu open.

If you want to see individual lap times, it is best to check out the Live Passings.

For a qualifying session, the live results definitely isn't the best display.

Like I said, right click in the box with results and it will stop flipping.

I've also found that if I click and hold the scroll bar, but don't release, it also stops flipping.

yeah, i read earlier that you said to do that and i tried it. for some reason it won't work for me. no biggie. i'm listening to it online anyways, but thanks for the tip!

It looks like T&S is scoring the TT Qualifying as a Race instead of Qualifying. It is showing the top drivers as the ones that have completed the most laps. Just tell the timer to go back to the race description and que in "Qualifying" instead of "Race". They did the same thing last year and never corrected it.

Because TT is based only on the driver's single fastest lap time, ALL sessions (practive, Qualifying, or Race [actuallly final session] are done in the Timing Computer as QUALIFYING. Please someone get a message to the people doing the timing.

Because TT is based only on the driver's single fastest lap time, ALL sessions (practive, Qualifying, or Race [actuallly final session] are done in the Timing Computer as QUALIFYING. Please someone get a message to the people doing the timing.

The live display only shows it as a race session. It is a limitation of the AMB software. Even if the session is set in Orbits to be Qualifying or Practice, it will always show it as a race session in the live display.

To view individual lap times you'll have to view the Lap Passings or be at the event!

Like I said, the Live Results are programmed to only show a race session. I agree, I wish it would show other sessions like qualifying.

The page you linked to was the official results that are uploaded at the end of day. The live results show lap positions and times as it happens.

A clunky, but effective workaround, exists to 'freeze' the live results displays, so you have time actually read a page before it flips over to the next page.

Put the mouse directly on the results grid, right-click, then left-click 'print'.

Move the resulting print dialog box out of the way...The active dialog box prevents the automatic refresh of the page.

It's after midnight on Monday morning and there is still no T&S for the Group D Championship race. The audio feed worked, but I was never able to see lap times for Super Unlimited. Very frustrating.

C.

A great deal of crying in this thread - I am less than impressed by people who want to beat you up for not providing a luxury item in the format that they desired End rant.

Everyone left, please proceed with telling us how YOU would run T&S.

I had fans and sponsors tune in to the live audio feed and found it very exciting to listen to - outstanding work there.

I'd also like to get a copy of the commentary to Group J. Will this be posted later?

as a TT competitor and customer, I found the lack of finding an easy web feed or working mylaps very disappointing. I hope that future championship level events can improve upon that.

To the crying comment, I had sponsors interested in seeing the feed.

It's after midnight on Monday morning and there is still no T&S for the Group D Championship race.

C.

Sorry folks..... Group D results weren't final until about 3pm EST Monday. As soon as we were able to stop on the way home and upload them, we did.

There were changes in the ST2 class.

• Members

We put all the technology in place that is at our disposal and tried to deliver a high level of service. I am sorry people found some of the live feeds "clunky" but it is how the software is programmed and the flexibility is limited. To implement this solution is actually a ton of work, and we brought lots of gear and put people in place to mange and deliver the live feed. The AMB software is great but has limitations, so if there is anyone that would like to develop a custom application and take responsibility for it for next year we would welcome the help.

• Roman V. unpinned this topic