• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JW Racing

• ekim952522000

• Andrie

• slammed_93_hatch

flared fenders anyone??

blahahahhaha.....

you find the grey areas and hope the rules commitee agrees with you....

nothing should take away bernardo's win....it isn't tainted in anyway.....

he won

this, I'm in agreement. It wasn't even a discussion anymore. The future is.

Well since you're done with that subject, is a Bump Steer Kit, a Substitute Tie Rod End or is it, a Relocation of a pick up Point?

Well we're not all Pro's like you, some of us need some Guidence. Thanks for the input.

Dave,

why get discourage? That's why there is discussion. You should get discourage if there are no discussion. Discussion is a good thing, even if we can't come to an agreement. At least issues are talked about.

On top of it, Ryan already promised that this is an issue they are aware off. Let's not turn this into NASA or HC bashing. They are working hard.

At this point, we should give inputs as much as we can since this is the time where the rules get re-visit and re-vamped for 2008.

But other cars are illegal and nothing is done. Just seems like the rules are applied to certain people and not to all. I'm not bashing on Bernardo or any of the racers in any way shape or form.

Dave,

I think you are jumping into conclusion here. Who's or Which cars are illegal? If you are implying it is Bernardo's, I'm the first one to say that it was deemed legal.

We are having a good discussion. Let's not cloud it with emotion. We are all adult and can have constructive discussion.

If a new comer shows up to an event and a part is deamed to not be legit the proper thing to do is approch the individual face to face and discuse in a civil manner. Let them run the weekend and then if they don't heed the request to get the car back in compliance then a formal protest is in order.

A discussion will get you a lot further then a protest or talking behind someones back.

Well since you're done with that subject, is a Bump Steer Kit, a Substitute Tie Rod End or is it, a Relocation of a pick up Point?

Well we're not all Pro's like you, some of us need some Guidence. Thanks for the input.

No disrespect intended here. I am only trying to express how ridiculous and out of hand this is getting.

And I also agree with the sentiment already expressed that rules writers do not INTERPRET rulesets, they only clarify. Builders interpret and hope it is legal.

You did everything right, Bernardo. I am criticising the HC officials right now. Rules writers knew what they meant when they wrote the rules. It either is within the scope and intent of HC as it was envisioned or it isn't. Establishing a precedent of listening to arguments pro and con will always lead to trouble, and is a reactive rather than proactive strategy to rules enforcement.

Lots of people said here that the K20 has not been built to the limit. What other options can the K20 use?

I may be wrong but, I don't know of anyone that has a K20 with a full Port & Polish job/headwork.

I'm just going by K20 dyno numbers from last year's nationals since I think there was only 1 person (Lang) running a K20 this year, and he didn't get on the dyno AFAIK. (compared to this year's dyno numbers) torque #'s last year for the K20's were in the higher 150's ft/lbs (with unported heads), my B20 did a 148 ft/lbs. and Helms (if I remember correctly) did 154 ft/lbs.- and our engines are built to the max.

d) I am shocked to hear that people were building LS/Vtec engines and machining TypeR rods. I would consider this very illegal and I know I have told everyone that has ever asked that I would consider that modification to be non compliant.

I myself have been using LS rods and crank, but what machining was needed to use Type R rods in a LS/VTEC engine??? Don't you have to use the corresponding Type R/GSR Crank with the Type R Rods?

sorry for my ignorance

-jmeris

Edited by Guest

For myself this thread makes me even more excited to be racing Honda Challenge, you can tell from the 9 pages of posts that this series is important to allot of people, sure it has its problems....What doesn't? Thats why were all on here talking to try and sort them out and to try and make things better. This thread is not negative to me at all.

I also would like to see the bump steer kit made more clear in the rules.

I agree the rear diffuser rule is a little tuff to understand as far as what is allowed and what is not.

What is the modification that is being done to the rear trailing arm that is a gray area?

No disrespect intended here. I am only trying to express how ridiculous and out of hand this is getting.

Chris,

I don't think there are disrespect intended from Bernardo either. He raised a good question. He and I are friends. So are you and I. Sometime, the internet can't tell the tone of the writing.

Me and Bernardo are two competitive people. But I respect him, and I'm sure he respect me. We are having some friendly banter.

Im not discouraged, how could anyone be, when you look at the size of the class in so cal. Ive never seen more than 2 or 3 cars in H1 on a given day(look at mylaps.com) if that. So im looking forward to attending events because from the looks of it, just showing up and running H1 I can get second to bernardo regardless of engine! and thats not bad for a rookie !

For myself this thread makes me even more excited to be racing Honda Challenge, you can tell from the 9 pages of posts that this series is important to allot of people, sure it has its problems....What doesn't? Thats why were all on here talking to try and sort them out and to try and make things better. This thread is not negative to me at all.

I agree, great point.

But other cars are illegal and nothing is done. Just seems like the rules are applied to certain people and not to all. I'm not bashing on Bernardo or any of the racers in any way shape or form.

Dave,

I think you are jumping into conclusion here. Who's or Which cars are illegal? If you are implying it is Bernardo's, I'm the first one to say that it was deemed legal.

We are having a good discussion. Let's not cloud it with emotion. We are all adult and can have constructive discussion.

No I am not talking about Bernardo. I never seen his car. I sent you a PM to let you know what I was trying to say. It was not my intention to attack or cause conflicts.

i can't wait for the 2008 season to start!

with all of the current competitors returning and some more for 2008 we should have a huge field for 2008 with some great competition.

i cant wait!

i can't wait for the 2008 season to start!

with all of the current competitors returning and some more for 2008 we should have a huge field for 2008 with some great competition.

i cant wait!

True that! Hopefully my brother will be joining us in H1. Are you going to be running your car at T-Hill?

My dad and I are both lisenece testing this weekend at Infineon. Devin is planning on going to T-hill for the final race as long as others are going too.

My car probably won't be finished before the october race. Ill be there but won't be racing.

Our plans are to have three cars for 2008. Me in the #5 H1 - Devin in the #6 H1 and my dad in #8 H1 or H2. His car is h2 spec but could easily run in h1

-This discussion is awesome, in my opinion. I completely agree with Mike U. Honda Challenge has not been this exciting and interesting in a long time. Yes, I'm a rookie but have been following HC for a long time. I trust the rules commitee will do the right thing. Everything but B-series has to weigh 2700 pounds! LOL J/K.

-I believe next year for Honda Challenge will be the best ever! We all agree that nobody is hating on anyone. HC is finally taking the steps in the right direction. Keep up the discussions. It gives us something to look forward to.

Devin Raynal

HC1 #6 Civic Si

My dad and I are both lisenece testing this weekend at Infineon. Devin is planning on going to T-hill for the final race as long as others are going too.

My car probably won't be finished before the october race. Ill be there but won't be racing.

Our plans are to have three cars for 2008. Me in the #5 H1 - Devin in the #6 H1 and my dad in #8 H1 or H2. His car is h2 spec but could easily run in h1

Good deal bro. I'll be out there this weekend for the instructor course and will be running group 4 on Sunday. See you there.