Great Job NASA Officials, Workers, etc!!!

Red Tornado

yep, great job doing what it takes to keep the track hot and keeping the race's going. i hope everyone showed you guys/gals plenty of respect while working the corners and while venturing out from your stations to retrive debis and do hot extractions. awsome weekend!

praises for the tech crew as well!!

i was impressed at using technology such as the "whistler" for checking Compression Ratios as a first pass (my assumption at least).

i would much rather have a less intrusive way of looking for non-conformance than having to do a complete teardown and coming home with a dismantled car, etc.

thanks!

tom #91 H5

Honda Challenge

Every Grid worker, Flags, Starter, Safety, every wrecker and flatbed driver did a STELLAR job. Best teamwork I've ever experienced. Special hats off to Toe and Cathy for reforming the Spec Miata field after the start incident. A+ to all. Best racer support ever!

E

• Members

Here! Here! I raced in two groups (D and J) and everything was well run and extremely smooth!

Everyone who worked at the event deserves KUDOS for a job well done!

+1 on the kudos to all who planned, organized, orchestrated and pulled off this year's Nationals, both on and off the track. Many of last year's teething pains were gone, and this is rapidly becoming THE showcase amateur motorsports event.

Sadly, the corner & safety workers had opportunity to demonstrate their skills by called into action way too often, but here's another voice joining the chorus of "thanks" and "GREAT JOB."

Especially to the T2 (Keyhole) guy who ventured out onto the track and then proceeded to shut down Friday's GTS qualifying race. Thank you!!

+1 on the kudos to all who planned, organized, orchestrated and pulled off this year's Nationals, both on and off the track. Many of last year's teething pains were gone, and this is rapidly becoming THE showcase amateur motorsports event.

Sadly, the corner & safety workers had opportunity to demonstrate their skills by called into action way too often, but here's another voice joining the chorus of "thanks" and "GREAT JOB."

Especially to the T2 (Keyhole) guy who ventured out onto the track and then proceeded to shut down Friday's GTS qualifying race. Thank you!!

Yeah, I hit that oil, but was able to stay out of trouble. Agreed it was a GREAT nationals. Both classes I ran in were well done. It was also reassurring that there was a life-flight helicoptor on the grounds, and much better yet we didn't have to use it.

When one of the NASA owners/directors takes the time out to help show you how to pump out your borrowed RV, you know NASA's one big family!

Same here! Big thank you to everyone!

I'd like to extend a special thank you to the brave soul who ran out onto the back straight and pulled my hood off track during A group's qualifying race on Saturday! Its not a light hood and it was a long way to drag it back to the safety of the catch fence.

-- Nick

Thanks for taking care of my friend Karen Salvaggio, the FFR driver who had heavy contact with the retaining wall in Sunday's practice. Karen has some broken bones but will be ok and out in a new Cobra as soon as she can!

Thanks to corner workers and everyone, but a special thanks to the folks in the tech shed which had a very simple and easy way to quickly get weights and were happy to provide printouts each time through. The extra detail there helped me identify some problems early on and get up to speed faster.

Overall, best run event I've been to in a long time!

Andy Chittum

Thanks for taking care of my friend Karen Salvaggio, the FFR driver who had heavy contact with the retaining wall in Sunday's practice. Karen has some broken bones but will be ok and out in a new Cobra as soon as she can!

Thats great news, glad she'll be OK!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is Bob Lewis, my wife Paulette and I were working at the Start/Turn 5 station when Karen crashed below our stand. Our freind Chris was on the landline when the incadent occured. The three of us witnessed her crash, with my wife quickly running down to ground level and working her way to the car behind the jersey barrier. She spoke to Karen and was able to get some info, so that we could get the Safety Team on it's way to her. After what seemed like several minutes of other cars racing through the scene, I told Chris to relay to Control, that the session needed to be stopped.

Once the other cars were no longer a danger to all involved, Safety and EMS folks were quickly at the scene. We were amazed by the amount of debris scattered from first impact to the spot where her car came to rest, as were the EV folks. Needless to say we were all very happy to find Karen awake and allert when we reached the car, as it was a very violent impact. We were not unable to leave our post till the end of Sundays races, but did find other racers from the California area to ask of Karen's condition. Once again we were extremely relieved to hear she was not more seriously injured. Please pass along our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery, and hopes of seeing her next year at Mid-O.

Good to hear she's doing well!!!