NASA-SE:Great Pumpkin Run, Barber Motorsports Pk, Oct 13-14

Jim P.

dsullinger

If you are hitting Atlanta at 8:30 AM I'd pull off somewhere and get breakfast. Give it 30 or 45 more minutes. But of the choices you listed take the bypass. Traffic will be harsh, but not as bad as on the downtown connector.

The new Cracker Barrel at the Road Atlanta exit (129) sounds about right. Oddly enough, Friday mornings are the best AM drives.

-Don

Commuter

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fred Crawford

• Jim P.

• mpowers

• Falcon

The wise Falcon was circling high above . Soaring in the gental warm breezes of Savanna, the soft sweet smell of cut hay loomed in the air. Yes, John Deere had been doing some mowing at Roebling. The Falcon with his beady brown eyes, questioning, should I fly on to Barber. The Ole Falcon was tired, he had long lost his "heart for the kill " He feared the Deere would be there............................. circling, circling...........

Anonymous

The Falcon soaring high above, with his eyes piercing the heavy layer of smoke left behind by the John Deere Porch, knew that the kill was his for the taking.

Waiting ever so patiently for the Deere to make yet another mistake, the wise Ol' Falcon bided his time. The Falcon had outgrown the youthful exuberance that continued to affect the Deere, and he waited.

Barber was just a weekend away, and the Falcon instinctively knew the Deere’s endurance was waning, and that would make him easy prey.

The Deere days are numbered.

Don’t call your mama, she can’t help you now, Deereboy!

• Members

Panthers also love Deere-meat, it is best served after a fresh kill before the falcon-buzzards get it

The Panther thoroughly enjoyed "southern fried half-shafted turkey" at Roebling kept indicating to the "southern fried half-shafted turkey" he was #1 on the menu - every time the Panther went by

Panthers enjoy fresh roadkill alongside the track...

-pinky

Fred Crawford

The John Deere humbly loaded up. Yes, one more race, Barber. Pondering, looking upwards to the heavens the Deere could see that old crusty Falcon circling. Whats up with that, Deere thought, that old geezer was done, chicken soup. Falcon had barely held onto his lead at roebling, one more lap and the Deere would of mowed him over. Redneck Randy Suddreth ole turkey half shaft himself, was a victim , Deere loan him 112 octane, Randy blew the axles right off the car, one down said the Deere. However there was a new snack on the track, something Deere had never incountered, a pink Panther yes, pink, he was coming up from behind, always from behind. The crafty Deere did not worry, Barber would lend itself to Deeres driving abilities and raw power........... many would see the bush hog of justice at the next incounter.

Fred Crawford
I'm not sure I understand the language but it's pretty funny.

Fred's prose has a very Yeatsian quality....

http://quotations.about.com/cs/poemlyrics/a/The_Second_Comi.htm

Maybe he's a poet and he didn't even know it?

Jason

FINALLY, somebody reconizes true talent............ but, when the truth is spoken it will flow freely from lips........ pasionate... unbridled....

Fc

Truth Seeker and teller

FINALLY, somebody reconizes true talent............ but, when the truth is spoken it will flow freely from lips........ pasionate... unbridled....

Fc

Truth Seeker and teller

....and misspelled!

The John Deere humbly loaded up. Yes, one more race, Barber. Pondering, looking upwards to the heavens the Deere could see that old crusty Falcon circling. Whats up with that, Deere thought, that old geezer was done, chicken soup. Falcon had barely held onto his lead at roebling, one more lap and the Deere would of mowed him over. Redneck Randy Suddreth ole turkey half shaft himself, was a victim , Deere loan him 112 octane, Randy blew the axles right off the car, one down said the Deere. However there was a new snack on the track, something Deere had never incountered, a pink Panther yes, pink, he was coming up from behind, always from behind. The crafty Deere did not worry, Barber would lend itself to Deeres driving abilities and raw power........... many would see the bush hog of justice at the next incounter.

The Deere looked heavenly with fear. He knew he was being stalked by that cunning raptor from above, and he had no place to hide. When would that fatal strike come? He lives looking all around, since the strike of the Falcon can come at any time and without notice. The fear is palpable.

The Deere mower may have had its cutting blades newly sharpened, but they could never withstand the vise like grip of Falcon's furious talons. Many had tried to elude those rapier sharp claws, but few escaped, particularly those noisy Porches.

From what we heard around the paddock, the Deere man has even learned how to spell. When someone asked him how to spell Corvette, he quickly responded... A-H-E-A-D…O-F…M-E.

Which proves once again, a Deere is smarter than a 5th grader.

Fred Crawford

And justice it would be. The Deere was tired of being stalked, but he knew, once on top of the hill , many would come to tumble him off. Someone had to stand up for the common Porsches. Falcons talons were sharp and deadly, circling , the beady eyed bandid was looking for his chance. With tale feathers pertruded, falcon swooped....... darting........ diving but missing his target, the Deere to swift, to cunning.

Barber had challenges ahead, Deere had his plan, dive in on Falcon, Corn check him , and dash to the checker........ the question, would Falcon have the birdnads to keep up, no thought Deere, the Deere with Attachments would rule the day,

if only the Falcon had graduated from the 5 grade................

Me

...if only the Falcon had graduated from the 5 grade................

Look how well he has done with his limited abilities - imagine if he had stayed in school

Does anybody know when the track will be open on Firday? The IRL will be running a test session Friday but in the past we could get in at 7:00 PM.

If you have not driven Barbers it will wear you out.

I have done 90 minute enduro's with a 5 min stop and this of course works well. A few years ago I was running with the PBOC and on Sunday instead of having two 30 minute sprints they made it a 60 minute enduro with a 5 minute stop for all cars. It worked

See you there

Rich

#47 SP2 Red 85 944 Porsche

And justice it would be. The Deere was tired of being stalked, but he knew, once on top of the hill , many would come to tumble him off. Someone had to stand up for the common Porsches. Falcons talons were sharp and deadly, circling , the beady eyed bandid was looking for his chance. With tale feathers pertruded, falcon swooped....... darting........ diving but missing his target, the Deere to swift, to cunning.

Barber had challenges ahead, Deere had his plan, dive in on Falcon, Corn check him , and dash to the checker........ the question, would Falcon have the birdnads to keep up, no thought Deere, the Deere with Attachments would rule the day,

if only the Falcon had graduated from the 5 grade................

Me

5th grade? I'll have you know I graduated for the 4th grade twice so that's at least an 8th grade education.

Try this one, Ol' Porchboy!

"..What light through yonder window breaks?

It is the east, and The Falcon is the sun!

Arise, ferious Falcon, and beat the envious Deereboy,

Who is already sick and pale with fear."

Be Afraid! Be Very Afraid! The Falconator is on the loose!

Fred Crawford

One a day of fog ,when dew was heavy in the morning air,

The Deere was up and ready, to pluck a falcon with great care,

The beady eyed bird had come to race, but the Porsche was going to smoke um with great disgrace,

The vette line up to make his run, Mr deere was ready for fun,

Down the the track thru the curves, poor old jody just lost his nerves,

a little brake , a little gas, well mr. Vette lost his A*s.

The Deere got his trophy for a race ran well, and poor little jody

went straight to ........................................................................................................................ Big Pine key

Fc

There once was a racer named Fred

Whose Porsche drove like a sled

He thought he was fast

But he was always last

In a car that turned out to be dead

Be afraid, Mr. Deere, I'm circling.

Fred Crawford

He thought he was fast

But he was always last

I've got to drink more be back soon !!!!

fc

So when can we drop off our cars??

Darn good question - I see we can register 2-8 on Friday...but the IRL being there I doubt we have paddock access until they depart...

Fred Crawford

He thought he was fast

But he was always last

The Porsche got faster as the day went on

Poor little Jody, said with a scorn

That Dang ole driver "Mr. Deere" absolutly ,shows no fear,

twisting and turning thru the road, left ole falcon huggin the comode

Now Jody was wishing he owned a fast car, but in his heart he knew,

that his driving skills would'nt take him too far......

Fc

fc

He thought he was fast

But he was always last

Fc

fc

Yo Fred! Get used to it!

fredview2.jpg

He thought he was fast

But he was always last

Fc

fc

Yo Fred! Get used to it!

fredview2.jpg

That's funny!