everbruin

[vid] infineon sep 22 hpde 3

Redstone

great line and very nice smooth driving! Under two minutes is a good time. How long have you been driving?

Mr Pepsi

Hey, tried to find you as I drove in, luckily ran in to a few others for guidance. Had a great day of driving, with no issues or infractions. I think I did pretty darn good for my first day too. can't wait for the next time out.

Redstone

hey "MR PEPC" i saw around 4pm on sunday. I talked to you for about 2 minutes. we were parked right across from you with the two honda civic's.

we were the guys taking forever to back up the motorhome and trailer.

glad you enjoyed your weekend. see ya next time!

Mr Pepsi

Yeah, I remember. I Autocross with Everbruin and I was trying to meet up with him at the event. That is who I was intially posting too. should have specified. Sorry.

Just calculated my lap times using my video.

You Tube video under user "NoKones"

LAP - TIME

Heat 2

2 - 2:21

3 - 2:33

4 - 2:27

5 - 2:35

6 - 2:22

7 - 2:24

Heat 3

2 - 2:13

3 - 2:15

4 - 2:26

5 - 2:14

6 - 2:13

7 - 2:32

8 - 2:25

everbruin

thanks, 4 yrs and that was my 9th day at infineon

great line and very nice smooth driving! Under two minutes is a good time. How long have you been driving?

everbruin

brent, not bad for your first track day video. your hand placement seems a bit odd tho; aside from shifting, are both hands on the wheel?

ps i think infineon is the most challenging track of the 10 i've run. it has also "collected" more cars than other tracks, so don't feel rushed in the quest to go faster =)

DaveWright

Nice video. You looked very smooth out there.

Mr Pepsi

Thank you very much.

I think I'm turning in too soon into the corners.

Its hard not to get a jump on them as you watch them approach.

DaveWright
Thank you very much.

I think I'm turning in too soon into the corners.

Its hard not to get a jump on them as you watch them approach.

With patience and more seat time you will find it easier. Main thing is not to rush and go faster than your ready and use to. Can find yourself in a lot of trouble if you do so. Remember there are plenty of instructors and advanced drivers at the track willing and waiting to spread their knowledge on to others. Even I ask other instructors/fellow racers to take me out or ride with me to fine tune my lines and you will be amazed of how much you can learn. Again, good job and I'll see you at the track.

Mr Pepsi

Yes, I'm quite aware of my bad hand placement I think I'd like to blame that on my squishy seat. I have a stock seat and stock 3-point belt. I find myself using my center console and door arm rest to brace myself for corners. If I keep my hands at 9 and 3 or 10 and 2, I find myself too unstable for comfort. I can't remember the rules for Stock classes in SCCA but I think it allows swap of the seat as long as no drilling is involved. I'll have to look into that.

Tom A

Deja Vu all over again.

Looks like you are early in Turn 1. If you go a little wider, you can carry a lot more speed up the hill. It is hard to tell from the video (a lot of wind noise) but you can stay on the throttle for a long time going in to 2, the uphill helps slow the car, so you can brake really late. Try turning in later, ignoring the apex of 1, and line up for the rumble strip on the right. (a lot of people don't notice that it is even there, but that rumble strip out there for a reason) This gives you more time at full throttle, and it makes the trip up the hill a straight shot, so braking is in a straight line. The car will stop much harder going up the hill than you think.

everbruin

I actually tried that in May and my gps/data said I went slower (my slightly higher speed didn't compensate for extra distance). Will have to try it again next yr