Oct BW Enduro Roll-Call

SRC/SampsonRacingComm.

As long as I do not run into any last minute issues I will debut my Porsche at this event in preparation for the Thunderhill 25-hrs.

Per Helldin

• Members

Enduro Schedule is posted herehttp://socal.drivenasa.com/events/SchedBW-Oct07.pdf and just wanted to remind all the drivers that your warmup will take place in practice and qualifying for the sprint groups. You choose either group A or B depending on where you your car would classify for the sprints.

Also, we will be having a nice BBQ before the Enduro so make sure to enjoy the food for you and your crew.

We'll be there:

E2 Me-otters...

Team Kumho Tires USA 1 Marcus Miller / Sean Neilson

Team Kumho Tires USA 2 Dan Pina / Dean Thomas

Marcus

Enduro Schedule is posted herehttp://socal.drivenasa.com/events/SchedBW-Oct07.pdf and just wanted to remind all the drivers that your warmup will take place in practice and qualifying for the sprint groups. You choose either group A or B depending on where you your car would classify for the sprints.

Also, we will be having a nice BBQ before the Enduro so make sure to enjoy the food for you and your crew.

Thanks Ryan. Can we continue the direction we've run the past two WERC races, with the Qualifying being the second practice session for us? It is already the qualifying session for the race groups, so then we're all in the same mindset, which works. I heard so many good comments about having done qualifying for the last two events, rather than a random order. For some of the classes the cars are very close and competetive, and the random could win or lose a race for someone.

Thanks again for this WERC series, as it's great!!

ps - Pierce Motorsports PorVette will be there guys...look forward to more fun trying to stay ahead of that EO beemer.

Lol, we are going to do our best to stay ahead of you this time.

I second using qualifying times again. In my opinion it makes the starts a little less dangerous as the fast cars that have to start from back don't have ridiculous closing speeds when the pack is all bunched up.

Thanks!

Excellent race, everyone! I thought we all did a great job at the start. I was one of the fortunate ones to actually get a clean lap in our 5 minutes-of-green qualifying session, so I was further up on the grid than I should have been. Thanks to the faster guys for not swarming me in the first corner.

With very few exceptions, folks seemed good about passing and being passed.

For those of you who ran the first B-Willow enduro this year in the rain (and mud), I don't know how you did it. This was hairy enough for me in the dry with all the dust and poor visibility!

See you all at the 12/25 of T-Hill.

Cheers,

Dean

Team Kumho Tires USA 2

Hey Everyone, that was like racing in a sandstorm but all OK.

Hope I did not mess up anyone.

My car had Zero Track time before today, 8 laps total before race.

1 set of worn out Hoosiers

1 set of used brake pads

1 dedicated crew

1 messed up fuel stop

1 driver! (tired today)

Yup. We finished the race!

See you at The 25-hrs (more prepared)

Yes, great race indeed. Kudos for the #27 car to run so consistent and steady for the Overall win.

It was pretty wild to enter so many blinding dust clouds only to come out of them staring at the edge of the track! Luckily we were able to avoid any farming episodes due to this, but still managed to drop a couple wheels at one point, causing our ultimate removal from the race. It looks like a rock kicked up and knocked a hole in our differential, ending our race with 20 minutes left. Needless to say, we'll have that area protected for next time.

We still enjoyed good fun out there. Stable, predictable driving all around, thanks! Good fun!

See you next time.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who ran the first B-Willow enduro this year in the rain (and mud), I don't know how you did it. This was hairy enough for me in the dry with all the dust and poor visibility!

See you all at the 12/25 of T-Hill.

Cheers,

Dean

Team Kumho Tires USA 2

Try doing it when it's your first endurance race, first time at Buttonwillow, first race in the rain, first night race, and without any aux lights. And somehow we still managed 5th in class at that race.

About the only upshot to the rain is it cuts down on the dust. Great racing with you again, Dean. We're definitely making the trek to Infineon next weekend. See you there!

Rob

RJ Racing #23