• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• philstireservice

• Armycop

• kjbrew01

• GeeTeeOh!

• 2 weeks later...

I ask because I corded the front set of Dunlop's at Grattan in August; a fellow 'vette racer at the track sold me a pair of 315 V710's which I had mounted up and put on the back. So, I was running 295 Dunlop's up front and the 315's in the back, and the car performed flawlessly! Temp's were 90+ during the day, and I was getting 6-8psi more once the tires heated up. But, turn-in was sharper, and absolutely no sliding or squealing from front or rear. I really like the staggered set-up. So I'm wondering if I stay with the 315's in the back, if changing to R6's up front would hurt handling and grip.

The Dunlop's I bought from you were slicks..plus, the two grooves running 'round the 710's really don't count. I think we consider them "slicks" from a racer's perspective.

slicks ( non DOT) and DOT's are two different animals.. R6's and V710's are NOT slicks from a race tire engineers perspective...

slicks have totally different compounds, heat cycle life and car set up, slip angle, etc.

A true slick is 1.5 -2 seconds faster than a DOT , in most cases.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...