Where can I find a list of tech inspection stations?

gearhead

gearhead

I signed up for HPDE 1 at Road Atlanta and was wondering about the tech inspection. The only list of tech inspection locations I can find on the NASA web site is for sites in California. Can somebody point me to a list of places around Road Atlanta? Is it really necessary to have this done in advance or can I show up at 6:30 AM at the track? Thanks! Frank

Jim Pantas will correct me if I'm wrong (I start ALL my posts out that way ), but HPDE inspections are typically done at the track, on the spot, by your instructor. It is part of the curriculum, so to speak, to take you through your car and learn what's safety-critical and how to correct it if necessary. For -1, especially, Im sure your instructor will tech your car with you when you two meet up.

gearhead

Thanks Jim! I need to fabricate a better battery hold-down but other than that, I'm pretty sure my car will pass.

Download and print several copies of the HPDE Tech form.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/images/rules-forms/form_hpde_tech.pdf

Go through the entire form, checking every item on your car before you leave your home to head out to the track. If everything checks out OK, you are way ahead of the game when you are at the track. It sounds like this will be your first track event. You will have enough to occupy your mind before your first session on track without having to deal with the car. Make sure you read the HPDE sections of the CCR(found at http://www.nasaproracing.com) and have a the Tech Form completed when you before you arrive at the track. Having to rush around making a last minute change to your car is a huge distraction, and kills your focus for the first classroom and track sessions of the day.

Rule #1: Have fun!

I'll be there to race that weekend. Red BMW #22, stop by and say hi. It's always nice to put faces with usernames.

Mark

gearhead

Thanks for the advice Mark! I printed the form and will go through everything today. You're right this will be my first track experience in a car. (any other first-timer advice welcomed) I've done a couple of days at Road Atlanta on a sport bike. That was the most fun I've ever had - on wheels anyway. I'm really hoping my driving ability in the car improves as much as it did on the bike after two days at the track.

I'll be be in a FFR Cobra, blue with white stripes with the tag OVRBDGT. I'll definitely try to look you up. Frank