Window tint/ point-by

sandracer33

I`m getting ready for my first HPDE and I`m a little concerned about the tint on my rear windows. I would prefer not to remove it, however it is so dark on the rear that I dont think the following driver will be able to see if I give a pass sign on the right. How should I deal with this?

Thanks. Lee

You do not need to remove your tint. The way NASA is doing point byes is out the driver door for both sides. Point straight out for left side and point over the car to the right. However, always remain on the line. Never move off the line for the passing car. If anything, back off the throttle a little and allow the other car to complete the pass. I hope this helped.

Agree. I have dark tint on my windows (5%) and have not had an issue with point-bys.

At the same time I can't say that I look in the rear window of the car in front for a point-by.

As others have said, point-by's in HPDE should be big and visible out the drivers side window. The *only* acceptable signal through the center of the car is the "hi, I see you back there, I'll point you by next time we get to a safe place" wave. This is a nice one to give, but it's not required (unlike the point-left, point-right, and pit-in signals... big and visible out the window.)

Jon

Thanks guys. Makes me feel better. My main concern is safety, don`t want to cause anyone else any indigestion! I can see the tint going a lot lighter by the time I get to HPDE4.

Lee

Thanks guys. Makes me feel better. My main concern is safety, don`t want to cause anyone else any indigestion! I can see the tint going a lot lighter by the time I get to HPDE4.

Lee

You could always just roll the rear window down....

John