Z06 classification

Lemming

No, I didn't get rid of my Frankencar. A good friend is going to run his '04 Z06 at Barber this weekend and asked me to classify his car. Base class is TTA* and he has an additional 15 points in mods. This pushes him up one class, does that mean he goes to TTU? Why are some Z06's running in TTR?

It means he needs a certified dyno to be officially classed in TTS or TTU depending on the power. If he doesn't have one he would run in TTR.

yep, TTS (8.7lbs:hp adjusted) is the next class up from TTA

TTU is a pretty silly fast class (5.5lbs:hp adjusted)

I doubt that he is not going to want to get a dyno before the weekend, so I suggested that he run TTR. No one is signed up for TTR this weekend, so he might get both first and last place

eh, its a thought... I don't know that the TTS guys will complain if he runs in S because he is bumped out of A by points. can he shed 2 points easily?

eh, its a thought... I don't know that the TTS guys will complain if he runs in S because he is bumped out of A by points. can he shed 2 points easily?

No, his points are coming from running 315 Hoosiers all around and an airbox modification.

No, his points are coming from running 315 Hoosiers all around and an airbox modification.

If that's all he's done then he should be in TTS. Any tire size is permitted as long as he does not exceed the magical 8.7 wt/pwr rule. A stock C5 Z06 is about 9.3 (~3300 lbs / 355 rwhp), I don't think an airbox modification is going to add the 24 hp that will push him over the edge.

Of course, as stated above, if he doesn't have a dyno sheet and someone contests him, he'll be forced to dyno at the track or bump to TTR. Actually, maybe they won't even classify him without one.

315R compounds with no other mods will push a C5 ZO6 into TTS based on points alone. I run 295 R compunds or 315 NTO1s to keep it in TTA.

So what are the approved dynos for NASA?

Our '02 Z with Jake (135 pounds or so) behind the wheel was 3243 at Roebling scales two weeks ago.

• National Staff

So what are the approved dynos for NASA?

Well, there's the Dynojet, and then there is the Dynojet, and don't forget about the Dynojet........

AWD's have more options only because of the lack of availability of any single brand of AWD dynamometer in all regions. However, technically, they must be legal on any that NASA has at their disposal for tech inspections.

• National Staff
3118lbs is the points-free minimum weight for the C5 Z06

Yes, but most of them will go a little under the 8.7:1 adjusted wt/hp minimum at that low of a weight (and get bumped from TTA to TTU).