Lemming

NASA SE 2008 Schedule

kbrew8991

Mid-Atlantic region has 3 VIR Dates (Feb & Mar/April Full Course, June North Course). Thats another very high demand track, so getting a date would probably be very difficult.

but it is OK to play with them (as long as you don't miss SE stuff )

STRINGER

VIR is Mid Atlantic Region. There are several events the in the prelim schedule.

heavychevy
Mid-Atlantic region has 3 VIR Dates (Feb & Mar/April Full Course, June North Course). Thats another very high demand track, so getting a date would probably be very difficult.

Dont they skip time trials sometimes, if not all the time?

I know that sometime two regions join up for some dates, can we do that? I think that would be fun SE vs MA

Lucid Moments

I'm actually planning on going up there for the Feb full course event as opposed to Fl. pending more information on the Fl. track.

Does anyone have any info on that course BTW? Track map etc? I looked on trackpedia and didn't see anything.

Red Tornado

I would recommend NASA allow one out of region event be allowed to count towards season points. Would get alot of folks to our events and vice versa.

Could make for some huge shootout's at VIR, Barber, Road Atlanta.

heavychevy
I would recommend NASA allow one out of region event be allowed to count towards season points. Would get alot of folks to our events and vice versa.

Could make for some huge shootout's at VIR, Barber, Road Atlanta.

Great Idea

robbodleimages

SCCA does a double division race at VIR every year, SARRC/MARRS. They race for points only against their division rivals and against both divisions for the overall race wins.

That way you can take a southeast nasa race to VIR or Sebring and not mess up that regions points battle with a one off invasion.

You could build a little triple crown if it could be worked out.

[email protected] Atlanta

[email protected]

[email protected](although that was the same weekend as Barber this year)

you see what I mean though. 3 regions, their most popular tracks, one special race each year.

Hard to get the details right on that though.

Also, while its great going to an out of region race you can get killed in the points racing against guys with home track advantage. Makes it risky.

heavychevy

Also, while its great going to an out of region race you can get killed in the points racing against guys with home track advantage. Makes it risky.

That's why you rotate each year, giving each region the homefield advantage at some point. And these are the three biggest on this side of the country and probably all in the top five in the country (at least top ten), so I'm sure many people from each region have driven them all.

robbodleimages

We were kicking around whether there would be enough east coast cars to support one racer only weekend a year.

Watkins Glen, The new NJ track, Summit Point, VIR, Road Atlanta, Roebling Road, Sebring.

LMan

thats probably the only way to get enough racer entries to make a race-only weekend financially viable.

..but I have no particular insight, I only speculate.

Edited by Guest

robbodleimages

The word out of Road Atlanta is that with the management changing from Panoz to Barber that they may eliminate their track day program and open up about 5 weekends for other events.

That would open a date at RA for something not currently on the annual rotation.

A race only date? Wouldya?

heavychevy
The word out of Road Atlanta is that with the management changing from Panoz to Barber that they may eliminate their track day program and open up about 5 weekends for other events.

That would open a date at RA for something not currently on the annual rotation.

A race only date? Wouldya?

We have been keeping up with the Panoz Days as almost eveyone I know is pissed about everything being turned over to skip barber, in turn, they reinstated the December Panoz day (although hiking the price), and said they were considering dates for 08' so all is not lost........YET.

I for one refuse, and will now be attending PCA, BMW, and Audi clubs if there is no more Panoz. I need more than two times a year with Nasa considering I live 5 minutes away.

tonycook

If the event is for more than one region, I don't see how RA could support racing and HPDE.

heavychevy
If the event is for more than one region, I don't see how RA could support racing and HPDE.

I was thinking that too, RA is already always packed to capacity anyways. I hope they at least keep TT, that would help with the costs.

kbrew8991

Mid-A Region doesn't do TT every event for some reason....

heavychevy
Mid-A Region doesn't do TT every event for some reason....

I thought so, if we brought our TT group up, it would give some incentive maybe? And the fact that it's a combined event. Would a Racing/TT event only cover the costs??? If this happened with HPDE too it would be a sellout in a matter of a day or less.

How about 3 maybe 4 race groups and TT.

kbrew8991

you could probably do a 40-50 car TT Group there just fine, Full Course is a big track, and since TT is done like HPDE where they limit cars per mile (and at 3.27 miles vs 2.25 for North) you can fit ALOT of cars and still have plenty of space to get clean track

I'll get with John Felton (NASA-MA Director) in the off season and see if they have any interest, but even if it isn't a "crossover" event or whatnot, I'd still recommend going as that track is phenomenal and NASA-MA puts on a quality event

heavychevy
you could probably do a 40-50 car TT Group there just fine, Full Course is a big track, and since TT is done like HPDE where they limit cars per mile (and at 3.27 miles vs 2.25 for North) you can fit ALOT of cars and still have plenty of space to get clean track

I'll get with John Felton (NASA-MA Director) in the off season and see if they have any interest, but even if it isn't a "crossover" event or whatnot, I'd still recommend going as that track is phenomenal and NASA-MA puts on a quality event

I'll be there more than once next year. I'd rather be there for TT though.

STRINGER

I would do a TT if qualified at VIR. Ken? what would I need to do? I know I need the seat time..but I am game and would give that extra mile to keep clean. It would sure be fun though to just say I was in competition.

kbrew8991

TT guys need to be advanced DE3 guys to the point where they have great 360* awareness, won't miss flags, and are driving at a very high skill level (to the point where doing untimed laps won't teach them much more)

Lucid Moments
Suffice to say here is a "sneak peak" (the exact weekends are left out for a reason - as they are still undecided!)

Feb - Starke, FL w/NASA-FL

Mar - Road Atlanta

Apr - CMP

May - Roebling

June -

July - CMP

Aug - Road Atlanta

Sep - NASA Nationals - Mid-Ohio

Oct - Barber

Nov -

Does anyone have any info on the track in Starke, Fl? I've looked and couldn't find anything. I checked Trackpedia and the NASA Fl site as well and nothing there either.

M3Bill

Does anyone have any info on the track in Starke, Fl? I've looked and couldn't find anything. I checked Trackpedia and the NASA Fl site as well and nothing there either.

It must be the track pictured here:

http://www.gorally.com/html/prokart.html

AU N EGL

It must be the track pictured here:

http://www.gorally.com/html/prokart.html

Is this the OLD FLORIDA Highway Patrol training grounds??

a_bigmap800tagd.jpg

Did April 1st come early?

db_P10100561.jpg

http://www.gorally.com/html/photos.html

timz06

Quote:

I sure hope so!

Varkwso
Quote:

I sure hope so!

That does not look like it is worth the pull to get there!