Lemming

NASA SE 2008 Schedule

Jim P.
Is this the OLD FLORIDA Highway Patrol training grounds??

a_bigmap800tagd.jpg

That is where the track is located, they have removed the runway, cut a track thru Special Stage 2 and used portions of the runway. It is all being graded and paved as we speak. I am stopping down there in December to see it and take pics.

AU N EGL
I am stopping down there in December to see it and take pics.

phewww. Those photos had us worried, but then again rally cross does look like fun

robbodleimages

When is your guess on release of the '08 schedule? After December?

Jim P.

We will release '08 dates as we firm them up with the tracks. We are in negotiations right now and should be releasing dates as we get confirmations.

Most tracks will not confirm our dates until they have firmed up all of their pro racing events. We are also asking for more dates and better dates at various tracks.

Hopefully over the next few weeks we'll be releasing dates as soon as we know them. If you want a sneak peek at the 2008 schedule go to http://www.Event-Weather.com - I send confirmed and unconfirmed dates to her as I know them...

STRINGER

looks as though Rockingham is a no go. Bummer as I would like to apply what I learned. But I cant wait to try out CMP.

6+ hours drive but I think it would be well worth it!!!

Sidney

Greetings from up north,

A couple questions/comments: Why don't more SE guys come up to Nationals? This race is a blast. I'm guessing there is a misconception that "I'm not nationally competitive". That's just not how it is. The format rewards consistent finishes during the first two races. What other opportunity are you going to get racing against 25-40 cars in your class? You guys need to put Mid-Ohio Nationals on your schedules for 2008.

Which leads me to my second comment: I've also made a similar suggestion to the NASA Officials about having a National series, visiting some of the great tracks that NASA races at. VIR, Road Atlanta, Barber, Sebring, Road America, Watkins Glen, Mid-Ohio, etc. If anyone can figure out how to schedule this, not hurt regional points, attendance at other tracks, or Nationals, then please speak up.

Sidney Franklin

AI #64

Fred Crawford
Greetings from up north,

A couple questions/comments: Why don't more SE guys come up to Nationals? This race is a blast. I'm guessing there is a misconception that "I'm not nationally competitive". That's just not how it is. The format rewards consistent finishes during the first two races. What other opportunity are you going to get racing against 25-40 cars in your class? You guys need to put Mid-Ohio Nationals on your schedules for 2008.

Which leads me to my second comment: I've also made a similar suggestion to the NASA Officials about having a National series, visiting some of the great tracks that NASA races at. VIR, Road Atlanta, Barber, Sebring, Road America, Watkins Glen, Mid-Ohio, etc. If anyone can figure out how to schedule this, not hurt regional points, attendance at other tracks, or Nationals, then please speak up.

Sidney Franklin

AI #64

Greetings from down South

Question #1 The reason racers did not attend the Nationals is simple, it was not promoted at the Region level as it should of been in my humble opinion.

Question #2 I would think track times are hard to come by. However series groups could run races and share points from on region to another. They do not do that now. Thats the only way , reason ,a racer would spend money and car to go out of his points area, in my humble opinion..

Fc

mpowers

It's to damn far to go and let Jody beat me I can to that here, if anything they should move the Nationals to different locations every year.

mpowers

Fred Crawford
It's to damn far to go and let Jody beat me I can to that here, if anything they should move the Nationals to different locations every year.

mpowers

Maybe Jimbo can answer that, I think its to hard to get dates, Scca locks in for years ,long term contract I guess..

MPower you would like Mid o.

fc

gimpstang

Actually, quite a few of us SE guys did go to Nationals ... to work.

mpowers

mpowers

Maybe Jimbo can answer that, I think its to hard to get dates, Scca locks in for years ,long term contract I guess..

fc

I'm sure, but I will wait my turn to be on stage.

mpowers

Fred Crawford

mpowers

fc

I'm sure, but I will wait my turn to be on stage.

mpowers

You can take my lead, just let everybody infront of ya either wreck or blow,,,,, grab a podium..

Fc

More luck than Skill

Karl

I think all the SE HC regulars were there, its a great time. But Fred is right it wasnt talked about much beforehand at events.

Fred Crawford
I think all the SE HC regulars were there, its a great time. But Fred is right it wasnt talked about much beforehand at events.

yep, ya'll had pretty good turn out......

fc

LMan
Actually, quite a few of us SE guys did go to Nationals ... to work.

Amen, brutha

Sidney is right as rain.....its great to have lots of -SE workers, but we need more -SE racers too! Come take some hardware away from those other regions

M3Bill

Info on Starke:

> > Subject: New Road Course at ERS.

> Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 11:13:25 -0400

>

> We are ready to pave our new 2.2 mile road course.

> It will be available for 2008.

>

> We have three track layouts.

>

> Bradford course is 2.2 miles.

>

> Keystone Course is 1.2 miles.

>

> Hampton Course is .85 miles.

>

> Bradford course has 16 turns and four elevation

> changes.

>

> Keystone and Hampton courses can be run seperately

> at the same time, with seperate pits.

>

> Paddock and overflow parking for 400 cars.

>

> Full Concessions, bathrooms, hookups and Camping

> facilities.

>

> Motorsport Country Club.

>

> ERS Trackdays for street cars.

>

>

> Ivor Wigham.

> European Rally School & Motorsport Park.

> 7266 Airport Road,

> Starke, FL 32091.

> Tel. 352 473 2999.

robbodleimages
Greetings from up north,

Sidney Franklin

AI #64

Here is my take.

National series: At some point there will be enough drivers to both split the racing into regional and national and to possibly have one racer only date in each region to field that race.

Don't blame Jim for lack of marketing of the Nationals. The NASA nationals have next to nothing to do with the regional points championships. I could run March at Road Atlanta, Late March at VIR, and June at Sebring and be qualified for the Nationals. Where does that help Jim?

If the NASA season ran October to August with the Nationals in September with the top 3 or 5 in NASA-SE pts eligible for the Nationals, then it would be natural for Jim to market the nationals more easily.

Since Jim goes to the Nationals and most of the Elite SE drivers go, I don't see where Pantas should be getting any flak about this at all...except maybe for taking a Pink car to Mid Ohio.

I am a first year part time participant and my opinion is worth what it cost.

But maybe its some food for thought

Edited by Guest

chumpy36

Mid-ohio as a location doesn't mean that locals have a lock on winning.

The Spec Miata National Champion from this year is from the SE. He lives in Atlanta.

Fred Crawford

As a racer I have had no expectations of winning, only perticipating. To be a part of something bigger than me or my little local group of friends and racers, to meet other racers, kinda bond with folks that are different from me , nothing to do with winning, I'd like too but the overall experience is why I go,,,,

A man who does not take the path from his pond, only knows his geese,

also

It is never a shame to try, only a shame not to.......

Fc

Poet

Edited by Guest

robbodleimages

thats cool. you went though. i was referring to why many didn't go.

Red Tornado

This is no different than SCCA. The reality is to host an event of that size takes serious planning and a supportive community. It's hard as hell to change that up every year.

Now that being said the nationals doesn't get that many more folks in total than a normal sold out weekend at Road Atlanta that includes hpde groups.

I am all for rotating tracks and also a nationals series more for certain classes.

As for Midwest folks having an advantage. Yes, but every year fewer of them are winning and I plan on one less in AI next year.

heavychevy

I would support a Nationals Change of Venue, though the midwest is pretty good as far a travel from all over. But are there many west coast people that come? If not I think the nationals would be a bigger venue at a more popular track.

Maybe a reqional championship would be a good idea, 1 east coast and 1 west coast event. Then a nationals event in a central location. Iknow change is hard, but NASA will grow and have to expand and change some things in the next few years, I'd bet on that.

Just tossing ideas.

Varkwso

I did not go to Nationals this year since Jody always takes all my money buying his old parts

Nationals is a lot of time and money to make - for any racer. And the top teams will almost always be the well funded ones (with some talent in the seat too)- and I expect that in racing. I know me and I know going there to slide around at the back would not ring my bell. With a budget for tires and consumables that a least makes me feel like I am at least credible is what it will take.

Mid-Ohio is a great track and not that hard to learn. Though there are a few masters there - many have done well. I hope to go as crew or to support the National TT program next year at the very least.

Starke with elevation changes? They mst have trucked in lots of oyster shells! Sounds like a fun new track - I am sure we are going for the 2.2 miler?

Fred Crawford

Not picking on Varkwso, many people have said the same thing, I just don't understand the mindset of " having to win" to perticipate at the Nationals or " cost to much Money " when there are several ways to get ones car there, Jimbo had open spots in his big trailer, last year several of us shared a trailer and flew in for 138$ each. Boys it just takes planning. Even if you had to skip 1 local race , save some money.

Again, being there at a National event , meeting new friends, ect ect its just a great overall experience. No losers here.

Fc

If you never take the path from the pond, you only know your geese....

robbodleimages

Fred, I am not sure why you don't understand the need to win.

I understand not having the need to win. Some people are happy participating and being in a social situation with people that share their interests. Thats cool. I understand how that be a mindset.

On the other hand this is competition. There are many people that just don't feel right competiting at any less than their best. The need to excel is part of their personality. That is why they race. Some guys drive and some guys race.

I can't tell you how hard it was for me at Barber after running second in class for most of my laps at Roebling to be content with running in the back because I needed one more clean finish.

I personally, would not feel comfortable at the Nationals without proper preperation. That means traveling up there at least one other time to get some laps.

Now, thats just me. But its a mindset that is not unique to me.

There is a 50/50 chance that I go to Nationals this season. But for me it would mean cutting back from 7 or 8 SE races to 4 or 5 and it depends a lot on the quality of my driving.