Lemming

NASA SE 2008 Schedule

Falcon
I heard they were eliminating the Turn 7 complex by connecting Turn 3 with Turn 8 in a gradual, decreasing-radius, off-camber sweeper.

Y'all have waited, now here's what it'll look like!

After multiple requests, these drawings were just sent to us here in the Big Pine Key Motorsports offices, high above downtown Troutman.

(It pays to know the right people!)

It looks like they've really opened it up for you high horsepower guys. Us momentum guys will just have to pedal harder.

newcmp.jpg

Look's like NASA could hold Figure 8 events at CMP!!!

They may have opened it up but all the 4 way stops are going to impede the flow....don't ya think?

From the info I got with the diagram it said all but one of those crossovers were bridges. The one that isn't a bridge is an unlighted tunnel, with an option to flood it if desired by the renters.

Jim P.
We are hoping that two of the new tracks will be ready in 2008 and we can get fall dates at each one. Keep checking the schedule for changes/details...

Jim, you mentioned 2 new tracks, who is the one other than High Rock?

Starkie, FL ?

Yes, you can track the progress of the Starke, FL track here:

http://www.GoRally.com

Contact Ivor Wigham for details about the track's layout - [email protected]

macher03

I tried the link to sign up for HPDE -1 at CMP, and it says I'm not allowed to view the event. I followed the other link to turn1 and there was nothing on their website about it. Little help? Thanks!

Z06cool
I tried the link to sign up for HPDE -1 at CMP, and it says I'm not allowed to view the event. I followed the other link to turn1 and there was nothing on their website about it. Little help? Thanks!

I'm thinking registration isn't quite open yet for CMP or '08 dates. Turn1 Motorsports are the local guys at that track and they hold their own events there. The 2008 dates aren't posted yet for them. It's off-season for most folks so I don't expect firm information until maybe January or so.

Varkwso

Turn One/Full Lock has a track weekend on 1 & 2 Dec at CMP for those who are running into DTs due to lack of track action...

beerkat

I am planning on running there Sunday the 2nd. According to Jim that will be the last time you can run the old configuration. They are suppose to start work Dec 3rd on new layout.

Fred Crawford
I am planning on running there Sunday the 2nd. According to Jim that will be the last time you can run the old configuration. They are suppose to start work Dec 3rd on new layout.

The equipment was on site this past weekend...... I saw the layout on paper, looks great if they do everything...

Fc

ctbimmer

Is there a link to a schematic of the new CMP layout? I've heard about it but haven't seen a visual.

kbrew8991

they've been adamant that you can run the classic or the new configuration in turns 11-14....

beerkat

I might have miss spoke. Jim said that they would start grading Dec 3. I thought that they were changing the layout, not just adding to it.

AU N EGL
[

newcmp.jpg

Looks like that figure 8 bus racing experiences will finally pay off

briankeithsmith

Now that DEFINITELY looks like some of Alan Wilson's work....

" A race track with an overpass - that'll slow 'em down" - Alan Wilson - October 3, 2007 at an on-site design discussion at CMP.

Varkwso
Now that DEFINITELY looks like some of Alan Wilson's work....

" A race track with an overpass - that'll slow 'em down" - Alan Wilson - October 3, 2007 at an on-site design discussion at CMP.

Now that hits home...