How NOT to pay for your racing habit

wxbabefsu

One of our fellow NASA HPDE participants went just a little too far to pay for his racing habit. SOme of you may know Darrell Spires who drove a black 2000 camaro Z28 in HPDE 1 & 2. Today he made the top story on the 6pm news in Augusta. Here is the link to the story. There is video as well. Please don't get any ideas and follow in his foot steps.

Sincerely,

Melinda and Landon

http://www.wrdw.com/crimeteam12/headlines/10415597.html#

Lucid Moments

Wow. People just don't know how bad an idea it is to rob a bank. People rarely get away with it, and the penalties are severe. This almost sounds like an impulse crime as bizarre as that sounds.

I talked to this guy and his wife at Road Atlanta and Roebling earlier this year. I never would've thought he was a bank robber. They were the nicest couple. Just goes to show that you really never know about people.

Holy Crap! I had him as a student at CMP last year.

Well now we know why he could not out drive the cops

mpowers

Remind me when we see each other to tell you a story about that weekend of instructing him.

Fred Crawford
One of our fellow NASA HPDE participants went just a little too far to pay for his racing habit. SOme of you may know Darrell Spires who drove a black 2000 camaro Z28 in HPDE 1 & 2. Today he made the top story on the 6pm news in Augusta. Here is the link to the story. There is video as well. Please don't get any ideas and follow in his foot steps.

Sincerely,

Melinda and Landon

http://www.wrdw.com/crimeteam12/headlines/10415597.html#

Whats going to happen to his Camaro..........

Fc

Following in Falcons Footsteps

That guy had a power steering pump leak at Roebling last year, he spun directly in fromt of me. Surely hate to see things like this...

Robert

Pay Mortgage or HPDE, Pay Mortgage or HPDE, Pay...Hey wait a minute; honey bring me my gun I need to run a quick errand

The funny thing is he is signed up for hpde2 for Barber, so I guess a spot just opened up

mpowers

Hey did he pay all ready? And can I have it?

Fred Crawford

Fc

Holy Crap! I had him as a student at CMP last year.

I guess he was learning how to drive a getaway car..........

Falcon the teacher, no wonder he gat caught

Fc

Smokie & Bandit

Falcon turns to Darrell Spires in the drivers seat of BANDIT 1 as the cops close in on them ...

"Junior, the first thing i'm gonna do when I get home is punch your momma right in the mouth!"

Darrell was about the nicest, quietest guy you could ever meet, unlike some unnamed associates I have on this forum .

He was tall and lanky and could barely fit in his car. He had to tilt his head to the side when he drove because his helmet bumped the roof. I asked him if that hurt his viewing perspective and orientation while driving. He said he didn't think so, but we'd find out in a little while.

Well, it did!

WOW! I had him as a DE2 student at RA in March. He was an extremely nice guy who was willing to learn. Strange deal.

Guess you didn't do any better than Jody

Did he ask you questions by passing little scribbled slips of paper to you?

He did seem particularly interested in defending against the punt, and wanted to try a session on flattened tires. I didn't understand it at the time.

Lucid Moments
No worries, guys, he'll be back to run with us again...

..in 5-to-10.....

More like 10 to 20. Feds take bank robbery seriously.

WOW! I had him as a DE2 student at RA in March. He was an extremely nice guy who was willing to learn. Strange deal.

Guess you didn't do any better than Jody

Now, by God, that's funny right there!

He kept doing Moonshiner's Turns in the paddock at CMP, but I thought he was just showing off. Seems he was just practicing.

Varkwso was his instructor at an event before me, and when I read through the notations and grades Vark wrote down in Darrell's logbook, I thought either I had the wrong student or Darrell had the wrong logbook.

• Members

Varkswo, Falcon, Mberglo... sounds like a recipe for insanity!

Hopefully not on pages torn out of his HPDE passport!

-Randle Patrick McMurphy

flying nester