Prototype of WestCoastHondaChallenge.com

ekim952522000

Ok guys so I played around this weekend and threw together some ideas for WestCoastHondaChallenge.com All the pictures were just taken off the internet and would have to be changed (since I don't even have rights to them and some are not West Coast racers). I just wanted to see what you guys think and if it's somthing we want to move forward with if not that's cool too. All I'm really showing is the home page all the links are pretty much dead ends or not finished right now let me know what ya think. I would be looking for basically two NorCal, Two SoCal, And two Arizona guys to help out adding content and keeping the page up. If I cannot find people to help I might just end up doing a NorCal Sight only (If anyone is interested) The site would have a forum and chat room as well as places for track records and driver profiles.

The only pages that are up are the home page, The Chat Room, and the Schedule (Chat room and Schedule are not finished yet to reflect some changes I have made to the Home page)

Here is the proto type

http://hstrial-bvila.homestead.com/

I am a guy who likes straight forward things so if ya think it sucks and is dumb idea feel free to let me know

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ekim952522000

• slammed_93_hatch

• DaveWright

• stealth430

Nice. Thanks for including us Arizonans. I wouldn't mind helping keep our portion of the content updated and whatnot. Just let me know what I need to do.

- Scott

I think that is pretty much done probably different pictures. Also don't really like the intro paragraph. Also open to ideas to make it look better if anyone has any.

only issue i see is the use of TM items, and TM names.

Honda has been really relaxed about the use of the name, so maybe changing the URL to westcoasthc.com or somethign like that. And maybe make some legal statement that the Honda symbol and Acura symbol are TM of American Honda, (i think).

ill be willing to help and chip in ($$$) for domain names.

Thanks for great comments guys.

I will be needing all the track records for each class on each track does anyone know where to get these.

• National Staff

Looks pretty cool!

But instead, why don't we put the effort into updating the main HC site?

http://www.hondachallenge.com

Seems like you have some skills Mike, if you'd like to help out, that would be great.

The main problem is finding people to keep updating it because I've even found myself to busy to do so anymore...

im up for updating the old hondachallenge.com website. If we put some effort into it, it should be cool.

updated race reports, pics, video, etc would be cool.

i really liked mikes idea of doing are own thing, the more control we have over it the better, IMO.

IIRC mike used a simple web application, the HC site isn't that simple from what i remembered.

Plus i like the idea of having our own thing for the WC

I like the idea of the hondachallenge.com website being updated but I also would like do do are own West Coast thing. It's really up to everyone to decide the basics of WestCoastHC.com are done we just need to add content. So really it's about what everyone would rather do and what is best for the series. If we decide to stick with the main site I would be happy to help update it to. The program that I used to do this site is called site builder and it is basically click drag and type it's very simple what program is used on HondaChallenge.com?

I fixed all the links on the site they all work now but most go to blank pages.

I think that is pretty much done probably different pictures.

Mike,

I think it's it looks great. I applaud you being proactive and taking the time to build the site. Just one suggestion-if it's a west coast HC site, lets just use west coast HC cars. Afterall, they're only using east coast cars on their site.

great job again,

jmeris

I think that is pretty much done probably different pictures.

Mike,

I think it's it looks great. I applaud you being proactive and taking the time to build the site. Just one suggestion-if it's a west coast HC site, lets just use west coast HC cars. Afterall, they're only using east coast cars on their site.

great job again,

jmeris

LOL it will only be WCHC cars when it's done this was just a prototype to see if poeple liked it I just ran a google search for Honda Challenge and grabbed a few pictures to test with.

I got the domain name http://www.WestCoastHC.com Since it looks like everyone seems to like the idea I can keep moving forward. As Of right now I have no money into it I get a 30 day trail of everything for free( So if it's decided we would rather just update Hondachallenge.com then I'm not out a cent). So far I like the program So far it has been very easy to use. I can add video files or youtube videos very easily with it.

Is anyone interested in writing up a few paragraphs to describe the series? for the Series Info page? Maybe a break down of the different classes cars involed and the track raced at?

Also I was wondering if anyone has any interest in me putting a forum on the site it would be easy enough to add but was not sure if you guys would like one or are just happy talking here.

maybe to help cover the costs of it the racers can donate money and get a little add on the site.

Like redstonemotors.com, prima-racing.com, calculated risks, ect ect ect.

I am not sure how much this would cost you, but from my site it is like 20 dollars for more bandwidth then i could ever possibly use.

We could just rotate the adds equally. I am sure between all of the guys it would be maybe just 4 or so dollars a year.

On the forums thing. We actually have a private forum. Mike and any other racers PM me and ill shoot you the url. For certian things it would be good if we could use it.

Cost is no big deal right now it's only like 30$ a month, If we start to go over the bandwith limits we can start to look at donations.

Why not just use the Old Honda Challenge site as a gateway, make it simple, and have a big banner link to ECHC and one to WCHC, that way it will give new racers a place to find their 'group' but will enable both coasts to keep tabs on their own series because let's face it, it's going to be really hard to keep ALL of HC's info up to date with race reports and what not and is much more manageable if each coast is left to their own, plus it could create some fun bench racing and competition opportunities and maybe even crossover races for those baller enough to drive halfway across the country.

my .02

Why not just use the Old Honda Challenge site as a gateway, make it simple, and have a big banner link to ECHC and one to WCHC, that way it will give new racers a place to find their 'group' but will enable both coasts to keep tabs on their own series because let's face it, it's going to be really hard to keep ALL of HC's info up to date with race reports and what not and is much more manageable if each coast is left to their own...........

Thats not to bad of a idea.

I added some videos and pictures from Backwards thunderhill thread If someone does not want me to use you pictures or videos pleaselet me knowand I will be happy to take it off.

http://www.westcoasthc.com/GALLERY.html

http://www.westcoasthc.com/VIDEOS.html

http://www.westcoasthc.com/Rules.html

Does anyone else have any pictures from the weekend I could use? I need help getting those East Coast guys off the site