Prototype of WestCoastHondaChallenge.com

ekim952522000

well guys I made a little progress on the track records page not much (i'll try to get it finished tommorow) http://www.westcoasthc.com/TRACKRECORDS.html

I need more profiles..... I will try to get the complete list of drivers up this weekend and then we can go from there. That way it atleast shows how many drivers Honda Challenge has.

I am working on writing the series info page up but am having trouble I don't really know what to write I wanted to write about the history of Honda Challenge and kinda wear it's headed and give a basic break down of the three different prep levels H1,H2,H3-H5 a driver can choose but am a little stuck so I wil keep working on that. if anyone has any ideas feel free to chime in.

This thread is kinda turning into the website bog.....LOL

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ekim952522000

• slammed_93_hatch

• DaveWright

• stealth430

"Since 2003 West Coast Honda Challenge has been the premier class to race hondas and acuras. West Coast Honda Challenge, WCHC, started with just two regions, NorCal and SoCal. In 2005 (i don't know when actually) the Arizona region came about, and in 2006 Pac-North-West was added to make it truly a "west coast" thing. Honda challenge is present through out the United States, but this page is dedicated to the west cost drivers. Honda Challenge is comprised of 5 classes; H1, H2, H3, H4, H5. As a general reference H1 is the fastest class, and H5 is the slowest but no less fun. In WCHC there is a strong presences in H1, H2, and H4.

The H4 class is an IT based class, but with slightly more open rules. Motors are mostly stock internally and must fallow strict guide lines in terms of motor prep. This class is largely occupied by EF civic and crx SIs, DA and DC integras, and EG civic SI. Many other cars are eligible but these are the most popular car to race.

H3 and H5 fallow the same rules as H4, but H5 has the slower/less Horsepower cars, and H3 has the more powerful cars.

H2 received a revised rule set for the 2007 season because of low car counts across the nation. WCHC has never prior to this year had an H2 car. But with the new rules H2 looks to be a promising class. The H2 rules set is not an easy one to explain but here it goes. This class is comprised of hybrids, and cars that fallow the rules of H3-H5. And other group of cars is classed on motors, and the chassis doesn't matter.

H1 is the 'hybrid' class. This class is composed of K20, and K24 power hondas and acuras, along with built B series motors, and H series motors.

Ok so i gave it a shot, feel free to edit and add to it or take away from it. And it really should be checked for grammatic errors also.

That's perfect Thanks! a million Jimmy I could not figure out how to write that thing for the life of me.

I will check the grammer and everything and maybe make some small changes I will put it on the site tommorrow!

Where is the Pac-North-West region site? I did not even know of them? I would like to include that region as well.

Where is the Pac-North-West region site? I did not even know of them? I would like to include that region as well.

http://www.nwhondachallenge.com/

They aren't a NASA group, but they use NASA rules (for the HC group only). John Galfano is the man to contact for info. a93si at hotmail.com is the last email address I have for him...

"Since 2003 West Coast Honda Challenge has been the premier class to race hondas and acuras. West Coast Honda Challenge, WCHC, started with just two regions, NorCal and SoCal. In 2005 (i don't know when actually) the Arizona region came about, and in 2006 Pac-North-West was added to make it truly a "west coast" thing. Honda challenge is present through out the United States, but this page is dedicated to the west cost drivers. Honda Challenge is comprised of 5 classes; H1, H2, H3, H4, H5. As a general reference H1 is the fastest class, and H5 is the slowest but no less fun. In WCHC there is a strong presences in H1, H2, and H4.

The H4 class is an IT based class, but with slightly more open rules. Motors are mostly stock internally and must fallow strict guide lines in terms of motor prep. This class is largely occupied by EF civic and crx SIs, DA and DC integras, and EG civic SI. Many other cars are eligible but these are the most popular car to race.

H3 and H5 fallow the same rules as H4, but H5 has the slower/less Horsepower cars, and H3 has the more powerful cars.

H2 received a revised rule set for the 2007 season because of low car counts across the nation. WCHC has never prior to this year had an H2 car. But with the new rules H2 looks to be a promising class. The H2 rules set is not an easy one to explain but here it goes. This class is comprised of hybrids, and cars that fallow the rules of H3-H5. And other group of cars is classed on motors, and the chassis doesn't matter.

H1 is the 'hybrid' class. This class is composed of K20, and K24 power hondas and acuras, along with built B series motors, and H series motors.

Ok so i gave it a shot, feel free to edit and add to it or take away from it. And it really should be checked for grammatic errors also.

Ok Jimmy I combined the stuff I had with your's what do you think?

I am far from a writer so if someone sees any grammer errors by all means point them out I will be posting this on the site and would like it to be legible If anyone would like anything added or changed feel free to say so as well.

Since 2003 the West Coast Honda Challenge has been the premier class to race Honda’s and Acura’s. The West Coast Honda Challenge (WCHC) started with just two regions, NorCal and SoCal. Then the Arizona region came about, and in 2006 Pac-North-West was added to make it truly a "west coast" thing. Honda Challenge is present through out the United States, but this site is dedicated to the West Coast drivers. Honda Challenge is comprised of 5 classes; H1, H2, H3, H4, H5. As a general reference H1 is the fastest class, and H5 is the slowest, but no less fun. In WCHC there is a strong presences in H1, H2, and H4.

The H4 class is an Improved Touring based class, but with slightly more open rules. Motors are mostly stock internally and must follow strict guide lines in terms of motor prep. This class is largely occupied by EF Civic's, CRX SI's, DA & DC Integras, and the EG civic SI. Many other cars are eligible but these are the most popular cars to race. H3 and H5 follow the same rules as H4, but H5 has the lower horsepower cars, and H3 has the more powerful cars.

H2 received a revised rule set for the 2007 season because of low car counts across the nation. WCHC has never prior to this year had an H2 car. But with the new rules H2 looks to be a promising class. The H2 class is a a combination of H1 and H3-H5 rules, it is similar to H1 in that motor swaps are allowed, But is like H3-H5 in that the motor has to stay basically stock internally, It also follows the same body rules as H3-H5, The only body rule that is different between H3-H5 and H2 is that carbon fiber hoods are allowed in H2. Brakes are also open in H2 just like they are in H1.

H1 is the 'hybrid' class this is the fastest class in Honda Challenge This class is composed of K20, and K24 powered Honda’s and Acura’s, Along with built B series motors, and H series motors H1 is the only class where some engines are allowed aftermarket Cams. H1 is also the only place that you are allowed to race the S2000, and NSX. H1 cars have more open body rules than H2-H5 in that you are allowed to run lexan windows, and carbon Fiber trunks. The cars are also allowed to run larger front splitters and wings then H2-H5 also H1 is not limited to 7â€

Can any confirm the dates that are in there? I am not 100% that they are correct.

The combination of the two looks really good i think.

If we cannot get confirmation of the dates I will probally put it on the site as is tommorow just to get it on there and I will keep looking for the info.

ok guys I got more profiles in I will be updating them tonight and putting them on tommorow.....I need some SoCal profiles.

Oh yeah almost forgot....Happy Halloween!

OK Guys I put all the names that I could find on the 2007 results on the driver profile page so it does not look like we only have a few racers

I also finished the series info page if anyone spots any grammer errors let me know.

Can some one give me the E-mails for the norcal, socal, and arizona region directors I have Brian's somewhere but I lost it.

Also does anyone know the track record for backwards thunderhill?

ok Dave all fixed go check it out let me know if anything needs changing.

What area of the site would you guys like me to focus on next?

I need to work on the FAQ and finish up the contact us page....should be this weekend.

ok Dave all fixed go check it out let me know if anything needs changing.

What area of the site would you guys like me to focus on next?

I need to work on the FAQ and finish up the contact us page....should be this weekend.

Looks good thanks.

Ok guys the FAQ is coming along I need more profiles, and I still need to know how to find out the track record for backward thunderhill.

Also if someone has the time I would really appreciate it someone could go threw each page and just proof read it and tell me if you find any grammer/spelling errors I read over the whole sight 3 times this weekend but it is hard to catch your own errors.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

He Guys I though I'd give you a update on the site I have not changed much I'm still working on the FAQ I need to come up with more common questions to add and things like that.

I just wanted to let ya guys know I'm still working on it so you don't think i'm being lazy =). Next season is when it is really going to come to life, I plan to have a race report with pictures and video from each event. I would also like to do a feature section, Where each month (maybe more often if there is people who want to help) we do a feature on someones car/team. That way we have multiple things going on that bring people to the site and add exposure for the series (should help make sponors happy to getting a feature on peoples cars). I still need to get ahold of the North west guys I would like to include them.

Well that's it for now guys just lettin ya know I have not stop working on it just that things are gonna be slow on it threw the winter with no racing going on.