Podium ceremony photos?

116svvh

I would really like to get a pic of me on the podium after the Nationals. Unfortuantely, my family and I were surprised the ceremony happened so fast and no one had their camera. In fact, my mom who was in attendance at the track did not even make it to see it. (Partially at least, we were all surprised I was on the podium). I kept waiting for them to appear on the wesite, but to date, if they are there, I can't find them. In any event, was there anyone from NASA or elsewhere taking photos of the GTS podium ceremonies? I'd like to get some to give to my "sponsors".

TIA

In any event, was there anyone from NASA or elsewhere taking photos of the GTS podium ceremonies? I'd like to get some to give to my "sponsors".

TIA

mmjtheboysnt7.jpg

Here ya go. Not sure which class is shown on the podium here. Not saying its GTS, but they do look a bit Autobahnish. I am pretty sure we have 2 NASA officials looking on in the background. And I'm not saying which NASA officials they are. Will await a positive ID before posting names.

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...

Lots have ask for this and looks like the answer is NO. I'm not sure anyone was task with the job of taking podium pics. Lots of on track pics by different companies but no pics of the podiums.

It's starting to make a few of us, who travel thousands of miles to the Nats, ask why?

there is a "search" button, and I know there were people taking pics on the podium 'cause I've got pictures of myself from someone's gallery

if that turns up dry, I can point you in the direction of the chief trophy girl

there is a "search" button, and I know there were people taking pics on the podium 'cause I've got pictures of myself from someone's gallery

if that turns up dry, I can point you in the direction of the chief trophy girl

Care to share or is it a secret? Why not post a link for the rest?

First off I hate posters who say "Search is your friend". If it was, who would post asking for that info? Hmmm? NO ONE! Lame answer. I don't feel like looking through 490 post as of 28 Jan 08 for "podium"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search yourself and fall asleep looking at the results. mmmmKaaa?

We shouldn't have to "SEARCH" for "PHOTO" or "podium". Lots of photos taken, thats a given, who if anyone, took dedicated podium shots? Please post a direct link instead of "search". I don't think any "NASA" sponsored podium pics got taken and that is what we are looking for.

What's the finish if no one "officially" took pics of all the podium finishers????

WOW, as much as it cost me, and every other driver to come here and no dedicated "podium Pics"? How does NASA put that in GR or any other mag, using what, other peoples pics? Ya, ok, that works.

Cal is a long ways away from Ohio and loosing interest rapidly for the Cal foks........for those of us interested and those that may have become interested......... that's a lot of money used for other things the way things stand now. Plain and simple, bang for the buck.

Thats all, I give up. Enjoy your searching for someone else's pics.......if they exsist..... If not, send me a check for my gas from Cal and we'll call it even....probably not going to happen. I've made the first two years and that is probably it, for the monies involved from the West Coast, I can get a lot more bang for the buck keeping it local!!!

get in touch with the NASA-SE Official Weather Girl, she was the Chief Trophy person and might have more help

sorry to help

I took some podium pix but only of the Sun AM time trial awards. I do have those online if anyone is interested ( ).

This year I will try to stay later on Sunday and get the race group podium pictures since it seems like those never surface. I can understand people being frustrated, it takes alot of work to get up there so I can totally see wanting to have a memory of it!

- Mark

Guys-

Quite frankly, we blew it here. Podium pictures were taken but they were not correctly logged or organized so we tried for months to figure out who folks were with little success as the log came back incomplete multiple times. We didn't realize how important this was to some of you until this topic came up to the top again, so I will try to get something up in the next few weeks to acknowledge the achievements of the winners. I can't apologize enough for this error and the only fix I can offer is still fairly half-ass but at least it's something. I can assure you that we will do a better job this year as we now realize how significant these photos are.

So, sorry and I'll try to have something up by 2/15 at the latest depending on how much bandwidth our web designer can give me.

-JWL

John Lindsey

Chief Divisional Director

NASA

• 2 weeks later...
JWL,

I can't seem to find mine. Can you help me out? Photoshop?

John -

Feel free to use my podium picture as your own. All you need to do is photoshop in your stylish hair.

254903990_okw6G-M.jpg

- Mark

JWL,

I can't seem to find mine. Can you help me out? Photoshop?

Hmmm. What were you doing in the photo you're looking for? I'm sure we can photochop nearly anything you need so send me a note and we'll see if we can make you look pretty too!

-JWL