Qualifing for Nat's '08 question

Glenn

I am looking into forming a team for 2008. if I compete in the 5 required races as part of a team, do I have to sign up for Nats under the team name, or can I do it under my own name?

So if one team makes the 5 required races, say with only one driver during those five races, both drivers are allowed to enter the Nats individually even if the second driver never makes a start?

Team A-B

A drives five races

B drives zero races

A and B can go to the Nats and compete individually?

That would open the door for several teams to form up if they don't want to or unable to make any races prior to the Nats.

This needs further clarification IMO.

Any driver that qualifies for the Championships as part of a team ...

A driver can only qualify by participating in 5 races. Got to drive in 5 races.

The words in bold are key, IMHO.

Whether the driver does it independently or as a driver for a team, it makes no difference. That's the way I read it, anyway.

So, I don't think the scenario outlined would work for the team-mate that didn't drive. Clarification would help.

Exactly that happened this year.

Paul Faessler and Tom Patton were a team in OH/IN AIX. Tom never ran a race during the season, then ran the car in AIX at the Nationals. In theory, because he was "qualified" as a driver, he could have run other classes... even in Paul had driven in AIX.

i just want to be clear on what name i can/will compete under. racing locally under a team name is fine w/ me, but i want my 2008 National Championship in CMC to be under my own name, not the team name. i will be running the required number of races w/out a doubt, so that is not an issue w/ me.

NASA, can we get a clarification on this?

• National Staff

Glenn, you should e-mail Bryan directly, and then refer him to this post so he can answer. I know that he is very busy going through all of the different race class rules, and he may not be following this forum closely right now.

i want my 2008 National Championship in CMC to be under my own name, not the team name.

ya gotta luv that kind of smack talk.

-chris

i want my 2008 National Championship in CMC to be under my own name, not the team name.

ya gotta luv that kind of smack talk.

-chris

See what I've got to put up with!?!

Third time's a charm.

Todd