'87 Porsche 944S roller, SF Bay area

smj

This is a stock '87 Porsche 944S (2.5l, 16 valve) that's developed an ugly rod knock. Joe at PorBoys says it's toast. I'm not interested in replacing/rebuilding the motor, so I'm offering it up as a roller if somebody wants it for a project before I offer it to the breakers.

I've logged just over 40 PCA Driver's Ed track days on the car - last event it popped out of 3rd gear when tracking out of the Cyclone at Thunderhill under full power. No problem on the street in several months since then, for whatever that's worth.

Some dash cracks, driver's seat has some splits, body isn't that bad for a 20 year old car that's been a daily driver, but there is a dent in the front driver's fender from a parking garage post. I'll try to get some pictures when I get over to the shop it's at. Has later oil pan with baffle, uprated front and rear sway bars, the best bits picked from two different '88 16v motors after a previous motor dropped a valve.

Hey, at least I'm not sugarcoating it...

So if you're interested, PM me an offer or write to smj0711(at)crash(dot)com. Car's right off of I-880 in Oakland now, not sure how long I'll be able to keep it there, might have to shift it to my driveway in Berkeley.