Trouble with finding rules

McGyver

I can only get to page 8 of the rules so can't find the answer I need. My 944 under construction has no room in the engine compartment for the dry sump tank and the cockpit/trunk is combined. What are the rules for covering/shielding the tank and oil lines in the car?

Thanks,

McGyver

I'm not sure about the tank, but here's what the CCR has to say about oil lines:

--------

15.14 Hoses Inside Cockpit

All hoses carrying any liquids or any gases that go through the cockpit must be metal or steel braided. Any hoses that carry cold water, such as washer fluid, cool suit, etc. are exempt from this rule.

---------

Many have the Accusump in the cockpit area, so I don't know if that's much different than having an oil tank in the same area.

Thanks Jody,

Read the same thing but a 3 gallon dry sump tank carries lots more hot oil than an Accusump does in the cockpit. My 190 always passes tech with

the unit in the cockpit also, never a question there.

Just wanted to be sure before I start making up braided lines and mount the tank on the passenger inside firewall. Didn't mean to open a can of worm oil.

Guess I'll be oiled and feathered for asking a stupid question now!

McGyver

Read the same thing but a 3 gallon dry sump tank carries lots more hot oil than an Accusump does in the cockpit. My 190 always passes tech with

the unit in the cockpit also, never a question there.

Just wanted to be sure before I start making up braided lines and mount the tank on the passenger inside firewall. Didn't mean to open a can of worm oil.

Guess I'll be oiled and feathered for asking a stupid question now!

McGyver

Yea, 3 gallons, that's more than they have in the BoJangles deep fryer.

I saw a dry sump fabrication a guy did that looked pretty interesting. He cut out part of his firewall on the passenger side and welded a pocket in the firewall to contain his dry sump. It was a nice way to leave the sump in the engine compartment.

I don't know if you have room for that, but it's an idea.

Well if the motor will run on canola or peanut oil, I can make some fresh fries after being on track!!

Good idea but with the cage configuration (bars) no room for it there. Also prefer to have it back further for weight. Maybe the passenger can straddle it to keep his monkey warm......Ouch!!

Well if the motor will run on canola or peanut oil, I can make some fresh fries after being on track!!

Good idea but with the cage configuration (bars) no room for it there. Also prefer to have it back further for weight. Maybe the passenger can straddle it to keep his monkey warm......Ouch!!

Well, as long as it's his monkey and not mine, it won't be too bad.

Cant you make bio-diesel fuel out of that stuff?