28' enclosed trailer for sale in Northern Va. 6500$ **SOLD**

Renntag

I have a 28', triple axle, United enclosed trailer for sale or trade for a 45' gooseneck enclosed or 2 car open trailer or ??

8 Aluminum wheels

5 new tires, 2 spares with zero miles.

brakes on all three axles.

Extra ceiling height and insulated walls/ceiling.

Aluminum over plywood floor.

White aluminum walls.

full cabinetry, L design at front with closet plus short bank at ceiling.

Full size Refrigerator, Microwave, Coffee maker and toaster.

Roof Top A/C.

Full length E-Channel on both walls.

Multiple D-rings on floor.

Motorcycle qucik connect wheel chocks (4 or 5 total)

Electric jack

110 lighting

110 electrical outlets.

exterior halogen work lights

mounts for roll out awning, awning no longer available.

generator door.

May or may not come with tire rack, movable storage platform, and 10x28 pole canopy that can be mounted to trailer.

More pictures will be available upon request and with later updates to this thread.

Asking 6500$ will entertain reasonable trades. Selling to purchase 45' gooseneck trailer to carry 2 mustangs.

Below is a recent picture of trailer at Summit Point (Dec 1) behind the yellow mustang. Granted not a great picture. Will update with better pics over the next week.

Trailer will be located in either Arlington, Va or King George, Va.

Please email with questions.

normal_SATT_dec_1_2007029_a.JPG

Edited by Guest

more pics.

There is a dent in the exterior aluminum sheet metal as seen in this pic:

Look up above the tires.

normal_DSCN2628_a.JPG

Pic of the front right. The electric jack is brand new and works great.

normal_DSCN2629_a.JPG

front left. View of generator door.

normal_DSCN2630_a.JPG

Interior pics to come.

I am looking to buy a 24-28' Enclosed Trailer around FEB 1st (I cannot buy until february, so yours may be gone)

Here are My questions

What are the Load Ratings on the Axles, Trailer Weight, Etc...?

What have you been towing it with? (I couldn't tell if it was a Dodge or Chevy.)

Thanks

Honda:

I will have to look up the axle capacity and trailer weight.

They are 6 lug wheels so 7K each I am guessing. (?)

I have been towing it with a 2002 2500 RAM 4x4 with a 6 speed manual and a cummins 24V. Tows like a dream.

I have also towed it short trips with our 99 K2500 diesel suburban.

I am hoping to purchase another trailer within the next 30 days. Check back with me though.

Adam:

I dont have pics currently of the interior but I am hoping to this weekend. I am just getting over pneumonia. Those pics were the best I could come up with now.

My CMC car is currently resting inside the trailer. Will have to remove all my gear to get pics.

Trailer does not include generator. I have one but use it for other things too.

Will have updated pics hopefully this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be a very fair asking price considering the a/c units new run $600 and the interior seems to be outfitted nicely, even if not perfect. Good luck with the sale. Wish this had been FS when I purchased mine a year ago.

thanks skip.

More pics:

once at the track, the platform in this pic gets moved to the rear of the trailer and will hold a queen size air mattress or better. In transit it can be used to sleep if the driver needs to stop to rest.

CIMG4147.jpg

All of the cabinets will be empty at time of sale. All latches work and stay closed in transit. There is nothing mounted inside any of the cabinets that would detract from potential storage. The gen door outside opens into the front cabinet. The closet on the right has a small shelf with a clothes bar.

It is nice waking up in the morning to the smell of fresh brewed coffee.

CIMG4137.jpg

I am not including all of my tie downs and e-channel accessories as I need them for the next trailer. The movable platform may or may not be included depending on sale price.

In the for ground is one of two florescent light strips. In the back ground on the walls are several fans that are not included with the trailer.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey jimmy. Not sure on the unladen weight of the trailer. If it ends up being contingent on a sale, I can run it over a scale. It has to be 3-4 thousand pounds just making a bad guess. With all the gear I bring to the track it never feels over loaded.

I dont know that I would want to tow this with a 1500 class truck. That's just me.

FWIW, my 2500 Cummins may be for sale very soon as I shop for a 3500 Crew Cab Dually to tow the new trailer.

Check your PM.

Unless I'm mistaken, Jimmy drives a 05+ F150 w/ a 5.4. I had one and it can tow up to 8,200 pounds [3k car, 4k trailer, 1k gear]. Not great mileage with that load, but it can do it!

For the record, my truck can tow 9000. I'd be comfortable with towing a full load.

For the record, I'm a better driver than Colin, too.

Edited by Guest

I know you have been looking for a 2-3 car hauler, found this on craigslist...its in Florida

The title said it was $4,000

"2001 kaufman 53 ft 3 car hauler exc. cond call 727- 863-0120"

I should hope so.

I havnt towed with any of the v10 motors, but since a gas V8 could tow this trailer I dont see why a 10 cylinder couldnt.

I am also selling my 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT Laramie, 5.9 cummins 24V HO, 6 speed manual with 4 wheel drive. 205,000 miles, many new parts, ready to drive anywhere, $14,500.

My 2002 F250 only has 80k miles on it. I am considering some options as my situation could be changing.

I work with a race shop right now and they haul my car to the track most of the time. I have an aluminum open trailer that I use when they dont haul for me.

But now I have two race cars and a developement driver and the potential at somepoint for being responsible for getting two cars to the race track.

We should go in together and get a rig that can haul 4 cars.

My 2002 F250 only has 80k miles on it. I am considering some options as my situation could be changing.

I work with a race shop right now and they haul my car to the track most of the time. I have an aluminum open trailer that I use when they dont haul for me.

But now I have two race cars and a developement driver and the potential at somepoint for being responsible for getting two cars to the race track.

We should go in together and get a rig that can haul 4 cars.

I think Renntag has a plan already in the works...details TBA...unless I'm SORELY mistaken!!!???

That is where I am, roughly speaking... Expanding.

The hauler sharing sounds great but it would work better if we were closer. I spend a lot of time at summit and plan on attending more northern tracks too.

Oh...it would make sense if we raced in the same series in the same regions. If I can get somethings worked out, I think this may be in the future.

PonderRacing002.jpg

• 4 weeks later...