2008 NASA-SE Enduro Schedule

Jim P.

• Members
Jim, cant we please take 20 min from the other sessions to have a real qualifying time?

To do that we'd have to increase the price for the enduros, I was trying to keep the cost down. The only Enduro that there isn't any qualifying is the first one, the rest are gridded by the season points... like I said earlier, it is a 3 hr enduro and definitely NOT won on the first lap...

5.4. Starting Order

5.4.1. The Race Director will choose a starting method to determine the starting order. Methods are unrestricted, and include:

gridding based on season points (or reverse)...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fred Crawford

• robbodleimages

• mpowers

• Jim P.

Thanks for the explanation, Jim.

If we register for test & tune, can we register the team so each of the drivers can go out in the car?

I've got more questions, but since my first race won't be until Road Atlanta, I'll save them to see how CMP goes.

-Don

To do that we'd have to increase the price for the enduros,

thats fine.

the reason I ask is that looking at the 1hr barber race, I was still a lap down from many guys at the end of the race that I was running the same lap times as. The same guys that I would be running against in E2. the traffic at the back of the pack is much worse than that in the front.

Karl it's not likely that if we were to have a qualifying anyone will have a clean lap. There just simply will be too much traffic. Hell it’s hard to get a decent lap in qualifying for a sprint race.

I like the grid lottery for a creative and fun solution. I also like the idea that points will determine grid at the future races.

mpowers

just my 2 cents

robbodleimages

I think the Barber race ran about 40 minutes of green. There were no pitstops. There were 68 cars.

CMP will be 3 hourss. There will be 2 pitstops. I would not expect to see 68 cars just yet either. This enduro will not be anything like that Barber race.

Also since its logical to assume there will be more entries for Road Atlanta than there are for CMP, there always are, just by starting the first race you will be starting ahead of all the new people at RA.

Fred Crawford
I think the Barber race ran about 40 minutes of green. There were no pitstops. There were 68 cars.

CMP will be 3 hourss. There will be 2 pitstops. I would not expect to see 68 cars just yet either. This enduro will not be anything like that Barber race.

Also since its logical to assume there will be more entries for Road Atlanta than there are for CMP, there always are, just by starting the first race you will be starting ahead of all the new people at RA.

Are the 2 pit stops timed ???/

Fc

• Members

Pit Stops will NOT be timed, but any pit stop for fuel will require that at least 5 gallons of fuel be put in the car*.

*I would think that most racers will need at least 5 additional gallons of fuel in a 3 hr enduro unless they are racing in a Prius

Fred Crawford
with the driver out of the car...yes?

no required number of stops? just what you need for fuel to make the distance?

Rules do not indicate driver out...... IMO

fc

• Members

No Timed stops

No Mandatory stops

At least one refueling stop is a minimum of 5 gallons

Driver can be in the car while refueling - if ALL of the Enduro safety rules are being met*

*many smaller teams will need the driver to either refuel themselves or hold the extinguisher while someone refuels the car.

:arrow: No Timed stops

No Mandatory stops

Driver can be in the car while refueling - if ALL of the Enduro safety rules are being met*

*many smaller teams will need the driver to either refuel themselves or hold the extinguisher while someone refuels the car.

Once saw a driver pull off the track, drive straight to the track pumps, get out, swipe his credit card, fill up, buckle up, and went back racing!

No Mandatory stops

good to hear! real enduros dont have mandatory or timed pit stops

Fred Crawford

No Mandatory stops

good to hear! real enduros dont have mandatory or timed pit stops

For a 3 hour enduro I agree............. lets start our engines

Fc

Playboy #20

robbodleimages

I tend to agree about the no minimum stops, but i am concerned that it will make things very difficult on the little guy who has to get out of his car to fuel while larger teams can fuel the car with the driver and/or change driver while fueling is being done.

With a number of teams able to run a 3 hour on one stop, that then brings up two other things.

It limits teams to two drivers when two stops allows for three. Three allows for spreading the expenses out further.

Also the way I read these rules, only one tire is allowed to be changed per pitstop? 3 hours, 1 pitstop, 1 tire and CMP is not an equasion that works out real well. Can we modify that tire rule?

I also see that during full course cautions that the pits are closed and no work is allowed. I would ask for a modifying of that rule as well. Allow no fueling under full course caution. That will stop the stampede to the pits that the rule is there to avoid, but will allow a team that flat spotted a tire or two in an incident or wants to check their car for damage to give up their track position and get something fixed.

Fred Crawford
I tend to agree about the no minimum stops, but i am concerned that it will make things very difficult on the little guy who has to get out of his car to fuel while larger teams can fuel the car with the driver and/or change driver while fueling is being done.

With a number of teams able to run a 3 hour on one stop, that then brings up two other things.

It limits teams to two drivers when two stops allows for three. Three allows for spreading the expenses out further.

Also the way I read these rules, only one tire is allowed to be changed per pitstop? 3 hours, 1 pitstop, 1 tire and CMP is not an equasion that works out real well. Can we modify that tire rule?

I also see that during full course cautions that the pits are closed and no work is allowed. I would ask for a modifying of that rule as well. Allow no fueling under full course caution. That will stop the stampede to the pits that the rule is there to avoid, but will allow a team that flat spotted a tire or two in an incident or wants to check their car for damage to give up their track position and get something fixed.

Read the rules carefully, in my class I am exempt from lots of rules, like I can take as many tires as I want. Fuel also.

Fc

Playboy Car #20

robbodleimages

Ahh...Thanx for that Fred. I read the rules more carefully and discovered that we can't race. We have quick fill, dry brakes on the cars and are illegal.

I guess we are out.

Fred, you have an ES or ESR car?

All of this seems to be at the race director's discretion, and is probably dependent on a lot of factors, like the venue (i.e. number of pit stalls) and the number of cars racing. There is also the rule that if you come in under double yellow, you have three choices - either go up to the paddock, go to your pit and wait, or drive through.

Like the race itself, there will probably be a number of things that we'll have to adjust to as they happen.

-Don

robbodleimages

that full course yellow rule was what i was talking about in part. you avoid a crash that brings out the pace car, but spin and flat spot your tires.

you have to go to the paddock, lose 4 laps in the pits waiting for the green to come back out because you cant work on the car or ride around on torn up tires.

I think no fueling is smart. only cars that have to come in, will. those that have to should be allowed to.

Fred Crawford
Ahh...Thanx for that Fred. I read the rules more carefully and discovered that we can't race. We have quick fill, dry brakes on the cars and are illegal.

I guess we are out.

Fred, you have an ES or ESR car?

Es , and I aggree that rules will change a little as race time approaches...

BTW, the Double yellow rule is kinda common among race clubs....

Fc

Playboy Car #20

robbodleimages

my experience with enduros is the ARRC and ECR. In both cases the manditory pitstops required in those races are prohibited during full course caution. That is to prevent a stampede to the pitlane during pace car laps.

However, other pit work is allowed. The pits are open for maintainance. It just cannot count toward the required pitstops.

That makes perfect sense to me. A full course yellow indicates an incident on track that might include several cars. If I pass thru an accident scene and runover something that cuts down a tire, I should be able to change my flat without having to sit out the entire double yellow on the pitlane.

my experience with enduros is the ARRC and ECR. In both cases the manditory pitstops required in those races are prohibited during full course caution. That is to prevent a stampede to the pitlane during pace car laps.

However, other pit work is allowed. The pits are open for maintainance. It just cannot count toward the required pitstops.

That makes perfect sense to me. A full course yellow indicates an incident on track that might include several cars. If I pass thru an accident scene and runover something that cuts down a tire, I should be able to change my flat without having to sit out the entire double yellow on the pitlane.

You can pull in behind the pit wall to the paddock and do your work section 5.8.a-c and then rejoin at the back of the pack.

mpowers

problem solver

robbodleimages

minimum time stops are both more safe and less expensive. to make stops as fast as they can possibly be, we need to bring more people and that costs more money.

Fred...read the rules again. I see the light now. Fuel and Tires are no issue for us any longer. Thanx