randyzimmer

Kearney Rally Village

randyzimmer

Went to Kearney Rally Village last weekend for a rallysprint and it was quite a day.

Comparing this to Oakland Acres' rallysprint a few years back I get these ideas:

Although only a mile or less per lap, the road and route felt a lot more like a real stage than OA did. The surface was frozen so it held up perfectly and was very STPR-like in smoothness. I don't know how it will hold up in hotter and wet days but the look of the base and quality of the facility makes it look like it'll always be better than a track bush-hogged on a field.

The elevation changes can be dramatic and the woods are real, as are the corner apexes of trees, rocks and berms.

Cyril says a six (6) mile lap is possible, if this comes to be at the same quality of road as we ran Saturday, it'd be a dream facility and could put real roads out of business.

Go to Rally Planet to see pics of the terrain and facility, I think those will tell the story better than I can.

GDorman

We tested there in the summer and the surface hold up really well. It gets dusty, but with a little help of wind everuthing goes back to normal.