Road Atlanta = WOW!!!

nasaracer32

nasaracer32

What a great weekend! Many hats off to Jim, Julies, the kids, Tom Henning, and the entire NASA SE crew and race directors. I have been to numerous NASA events and have never seen one run as smoothly as this one. Even with some slowdowns on the track, everything stayed pretty much on schedule.

The races were 35 minutes long!! That is awesome. Even with a red flag in the Sunday big bore race, they still got about 12 minutes of racing instead of calling it a race. I can't say enough about how cool is was to see all of the races run this long. Also on Sunday during big bore, they group all the cars together by series, i.e. all the AI cars together, all the CMC cars together, etc. MUCH better start and great racing!

Keep it up SE the way you are doing it. I think you guys are raising the bar on how track events should go. I can't wait for August!

Glad you enjoyed the weekend! Great weather and great racing!

The red flag was for an incident where a SN-95 Mustang took out part of a tirewall. Fortunately the driver was OK and the race continued after a ~ 15-min delay. Everything turned OK, and hope to see everyone back in August!

I agree, a great weekend. This was my 1st DE with NASA and I really enjoyed it. I especially liked being able to watch the races and have a few cold ones at the trophy presentations on Saturday.

This was my first race with NASA and I was really happy with the ways things went. I would definetly do another, just don;t have any room in my race schedule for the rest of there year. great event though.

trumperZ06

NASA S E does it AGAIN !!!

Another Great Event held at one of America's favorite tracks, Road Atlanta. Great turn-out for both the racers & HPDE guys!

HDPE was well attended with 4 groups running on time & no MAJOR incidents! This is OUTSTANDING as Road Atlanta is a High Speed track with almost no... run off area. Lots of concrete and Amaco, not much dirt!

Everyone I talked to was pleased with the event and complimented the NASA organization.

Everyone involved should be PROUD of this weekend's performance . I had a number of people who attended Talladega stop by to say Hi,and even ran into Jeff Curtis and a few of his guys from the Virginia Chapter!

Looking forward to another weekend at RoadAtlanta with the S E NASA guys on August 14th & 15th. Anyone wanting to attend should sign up ASAP.

I joined NASA SE late last year based on my positive experience with an event at PIR a couple of years ago. I have to agree that even with the minor congestion at tech Sat am the remainder of the event was very well managed. My first race with NASA in the GTS group and instructed a HPDE 1 student. I'll definitely be back in August and trying to arrange my schedule for some additional races. Congrats to Jim, Julie and the rest of NASA management - well done guys!

I agree with all of the others. It was my second event with NASA and I gotta thank all those that made it happen. Even my 7 year old daughter says she wants to go back in August. What a great bunch of people and an AWESOME track. Thanks all.

I have some pictures of the races and HPDEs if someone can give me some way to post them for all to see.

Jerry

I put together the spread sheet for Jim and emailed it to him yesterday with the race results for Saturday and Sunday for Small Bore and Big Bore. I didn't put together anything on the qualifying as they are non points. However, if anyone wants any information I have all the printouts and I have all the practices, qualifying and races saved on the lap top and can give you any info you want.

email: [email protected]

Cathie DeShazo

Chief Timing and Scoring SE.

yeah, road atlanta was my first experience with NASA

i worked turn 11 that weekend or Pit in as some may remember it.

and I have to say that that was definitely one of my favorite events this year. in fact, it made me join NASA and now im trying to register for HPDE in august

yeah that red flag was at 7 or sumptin i think, I heard some negative responses about the red flag but im glad everything worked out and we got some racing in

black94cobra

Many thanks to the racers and future racers for their patience on the grid while we were getting through our first event. It goes to show that racers a very nice group of people and we had some of the best. Hope everyone comes back in august and we will have our !#&% together

Jim Price

Chief of Grid

912 and Counting
I agree with all of the others. It was my second event with NASA and I gotta thank all those that made it happen. Even my 7 year old daughter says she wants to go back in August. What a great bunch of people and an AWESOME track. Thanks all.

I have some pictures of the races and HPDEs if someone can give me some way to post them for all to see.

Jerry

Jerry,

Do you have any pics of the white porsche? HPDE? If so, send to [email protected]

Thanks

Thank you to all the Corner Workers... without you we would not race. Each of you are our copilots our extra eyes. Without your service there would be no winners... thank you. I know it was very hot out there Sat. and Sun. I hope we put on a go show for you.

Thanks again,

Paul Hamm

GTS3 #88 (Wht/Orange BMW)

I will look for pics once i return to my home this weekend.

I really need to find a a way to post them all because both events I've been to, I took over 100 pictures each.

btw, all the corner workers that i worked with sat and sun said they had a great time and they all wanted to work the 14th and 15th too.

and if you guys hadnt put on such a great event, i wouldnt have signed up for the HPDE this august, so thanks to you guys out there racing and making my job a whole lot more exciting!

so look for me in the silver 01 accord this august, i hope to be in HPDE, but if it doesnt work out, look for my car at a corner station, and stop by sometime, just not while your on track, hahaha, its not the best way to meet people, hahahahha