2006 Lotus Elise

nynone4

VIN# SCCPC11126HL30346

17K Miles - bought new from Fox Valley Motorcars in July of '06.

Chrome Orange Leather and Alcantara interior

Touring Package (this includes extra sound deadening, electric windows, an insulated soft top and a few extra pieces of carpet to make the car only slightly more humane)

Black Package

Traction Control

Limited Slip Differential

Toyo T1R tires on stock base rims

Starshield clear bra

Porterfield R4 Brake Pads

Blaupunkt CD stereo with iPod adapter

Blackwatch Front plate mount (no holes drilled)

Fresh ATE Super Blue brake fluid

Black BMW lug bolts (original lugs and key included)

I've done 5 HPDE track days in the car:

- 1 Autobahn North

- 2 Autobahn Full Course (one in torrential rain, the other in sub-60 degree weather)

- 1 Weekend (2 day) NASA event at Putnam

....and it's been to 3 autocrosses.

IMG_1507.jpg

$34,500.00 OBO

Located in Peoria, Illinois. Contact me for more pics if interested.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the compliment. Wish it were going to a good home - but I may be trading it off tomorrow for something I can drive year-round in the midwest.... a *gulp* Mazdaspeed 3.

I'm afraid that "practicality" gene I've been fighting all my life might be starting to rear its ugly head.

Thanks for the compliment. Wish it were going to a good home - but I may be trading it off tomorrow for something I can drive year-round in the midwest.... a *gulp* Mazdaspeed 3.

I'm afraid that "practicality" gene I've been fighting all my life might be starting to rear its ugly head.

(Bows head in moment of silence)

Bummer, but your choice of the Speed 3 is a good Swiss Army knife solution that commands respect among the sport compact crowd

Another bummer that you can't sell it ... let me know what they offer on trade and I'll see what I can do, at least I'm a "good home" ... I'm pm you my personal email

Good to hear that the Mazda is a fun as I had hoped!

The dealership wanted to steal the Lotus away on trade - so I've put the stock exhaust back on, and removed the harness and harness bar to sell separately. I'm going to sell it on my own rather than "give" it to a dealership.

I've also adjusted the price a little.

Just trade it for an Exige......hey...it has a roof!!

I have a dumb question regarding the Exige ... if not an Exige S, the supercharged engine, then other than the roof, what are other substantive differences between an Elise and an Exige?

Well - bodywise, I believe the Elise and Exige only share the doors as being able to share body panels. The front and rear clamshells are completely different (and slightly wider than the Elise, and hand made).

The seats are different.

...and I believe the only other difference with the NA Exige is that they had a bit more downforce at top speed - giving them slightly better stick on the track.

There may be some other differences that I'm forgetting right now....

• 2 weeks later...
What size person are you?

I am 6' tall and weight 215, with a size 13 shoe...will I fit? I am fit not fat...

I'm 5' 11" and weigh 225. My feet are a little smaller at size 11 -1/2 - but I imagine you'd fit. It does take a fairly narrow shoe to fit on the gas pedal without fouling the brake pedal, though. It took me a bit to find a nice narrow dress shoe for work that fit well on the pedals. Are you close to central Illinois? If so, you're welcome to come see if you fit in it.

I guarantee if you sit in it, you'll want it, though.

Hey Brent! I come visit this post now & then for vicarious pleasure. I am over the Vette thing and I'd love this car. I even went to designs in motion and got a $50 model of one!

Can always add a supercharger just like the 08 model if I feel like I need to

To the guy with 13 shoe ... this is my car just waiting for a little timing issue to work out ... please move on

• 2 weeks later...