edng16

Laguna Seca questions

edng16

I just had a some questions regarding this Laguna Seca:

1. Is this a higher speed track compared to Infineon, Thunderhill

2. Is it more prone to accidents (hitting the wall, other cars due to track configuration, or tougher/more technical track than Infineon, Thunderhill)

3. In terms of wear and tear on the car, is it higher than Infineon, Thunderhill)

4. Is there anyway to get discounts on the fee ( $249 seems high)

Lastly, just curious, which of the three tracks is your favorite, Laguna, Infineon, or Thunderhill

Thanks!

JCraven

1) about the same

2) Walls - Inf, LS, then TH

3) LS is hardest on the car by far - specifically brakes

4) LS has strict car counts on most events

Joe Craven

andy38

The other thing to be careful with Laguna is the sound requirements. Some weekday events during are as low as 90db at 90 feet, which even some stock exhausts will exceed depending on conditions. Be sure to check!

mcolangelo2005

Is there really a $40 track tech inspection fee? I've only run with NASA SoCal and they never charge.

everbruin

yes. free pre tech can be done by various shops listed on nasa norcal's site

Renntag
Is there really a $40 track tech inspection fee? I've only run with NASA SoCal and they never charge.

yes. free pre tech can be done by various shops listed on nasa norcal's site

Ok, this can be interpreted a couple ways. Is there a fee for tech at the track?

If so I have never heard of such a fee.

everbruin

for norcal nasa hpde, trackside tech is "late" and has a fee. maybe they want most ppl to pretech cuz there are just too many cars

Renntag

How many HPDE entrants total?

We dont charge here on the east coast and we have one of the largest regions.....but there again...I dont know what percentage of our overhead is reflected in the HPDE entrance fee either.

Always best to compare apples to apples.

edit: Also, by having our tech team inspect all of the hpde cars...atleast we have a little quality control. We then have the instructors look over the cars as a secondary tech inspection.

everbruin

130 ballpark, over 30 per hpde group. pricing is great, about the lowest in the area on wkends so i don't complain =)

J.Jump

Are the Tech places on the NASA list supposed to do it for free? The place I get tech'd in San Jose is on the list, but they charged me $20 last time.

everbruin

some shops are free, some charge

Calif_Kid

I'm in Sunnyvale, and have gone to Modderman Porsche around 6 times, and just went to Northstar Auto (Northstart Corvette) today. Neither charged. The thing is, that all shops are often busy, so best to call ahead, and they may not be able to do the inspection until another day. You probably can call a few other shops near you - you are going off the Nasa HDPE tech shop list right? Last year, before my first HDPE event, I had a very thorough inspection done by a shop, just to make sure that there everything was in really good shape, and that cost a fair amount.