what are fast TTF lap times at CMP

austincrx

that makes better sense. I am usually going pretty slow for turn 11, and i can probably stay flat out through 12 and 13, we will see anyways, HA!!

as for the phantom grip: I've had one in my ITC civic for 8 years or so, never had any problems. hopefully i won't have any problems with this one either, but no matter what I have a spare tranny that can go right in (thumbs up)!!

Jon - speaking of spare trannies - you have any for the 86 CRX we have - 2nd is kind of "loose"

How much is the Phantom Grip really worth in these light cars?

Looking to field some TTF competition for Ken.....

How much is the Phantom Grip really worth in these light cars?

from friends that have used them, I'm surprized they can charge anything... should be called "Phantom Slip"

wanna switch cars Chris? best combined time buys the beer?

Austin.. I don't have any transmissions from those.. sold my two DXs already..

As far as the phantom grip on his car Ken, I am thinking thet they probably work a lot better on their 85=hp (maybe) Civic than on other, faster cars.

Jon

it's probably not worth it, but when i had the engine/tranny apart and was re-building it, i decided to put it in anyways, because i didn't want to regret not doing it later.

if i un-mod my car some, i'll actually be in TTF, for a little while, if i don't and i add race tires, i'll be in TTD

possible, these were all VTEC B16s and B18s, DOHC Neons, etc...

though with 85hp, do you need an LSD?

There is a lot of people that would say no.. though, with 90HP auctocrossing one would go a long way, so I suspect at CMP it helps a decent amount on the slow corners.

Jon

btw: we'll be on the "new" configuration anyway...

Nice - fix those brakes yet?

All fixed. Luckily I found someone who had replaced their fronts with a BBK and sold me both front calipers for $100 shipped.

Both of my calipers were dead. Above and beyond the damage that was obvious on the driver side, the seals were completely destroyed/melted on the passenger side.

If I ever run CMP again in that car on 710's, I'll run much better pads and bring my rebuilt spare set of front calipers/fluid/motive bleeder just in case. I think Ken wants me to run it in TTF, so it looks like I'll have to be ready to bring it out at some point

I'd love to have more people in TTF, should make us all better Season long competition between all of us should result in a fantastically strong showing at Nationals if we all go (and the rest of ya pick up on Mid-O quickly)

I'll probably be a bit gimpy this first event though (crusty crusty old RA1s, 3pts shy of maxed for TTF as well)