02 Z06 class: I'm confused

jason

On page 9 of the National rulebook, gives an example of a C5 Z06 being classed in TTS. But then on page 12, a C5 Z06 is classed TTA*. Then what happens if you have over 20pts, bumping it up one class to ???

I'm swapping my vert for an almost completly stock Z this weekend, with an eye towards TT eventually and I don't want to mod myself into a corner.

C5Z = TTA + 7 points to start. You can add 12 mod points and remain in A if your wt/pw ratio isn't better than 8.7

If you go to 20 or more mod points you will be bumped up to whatever wt/hp class your car fits (requiring a dyno sheet etc.). TTS / TTU / TTR

Welcome to the fun!

you really gotta watch the adjusted pw:weight on those C5 Z06s, if you dip under 8.7:1 even if you're only at 19 or less total points you *still* get sent to TTU

you really gotta watch the adjusted pw:weight on those C5 Z06s, if you dip under 8.7:1 even if you're only at 19 or less total points you *still* get sent to TTU

Something tells me I'm going to have a hard time staying in TTA.

Top 4 cars in TTA @ Nationals were all 02-04 Z06s....... 03ragtop, tell you boy Dr. Doolittle (Onks) to give you my number and we can talk about your new ride........

Welcome to our sickness.

Something tells me I'm going to have a hard time staying in TTA.

It can be done - secret on a C5Z - no mods - set the car up with tires and pads then drive the car....

You will need 295 R tires to be competitive (or 275s to get some points back like L98Terror)

I'm in a similar situation. I have had an '02 Z which I've run in HPDEs in various clubs for a while, with the intentions of running in TTA some time next year. I've gone through the rulebook a few times, and I'm no expert; but if you want someone with whom you can work through this, shoot me a PM, and we can try and figure it out.

Let me see if I understand. A ZO6 blah blah, blah blah, blah blah.....top 4......blah blah blah blah..........Popp.....blah blah.....Carlyle.....blah blah...flash....blah?

Let me see if I understand. A ZO6 blah blah, blah blah, blah blah.....top 4......blah blah blah blah..........Popp.....blah blah.....Carlyle.....blah blah...flash....blah?

Hmm, I think your getting the picture. That "blah, blah, blah..." in your head is the sound of the dark side slowly sucking you in.

Hey Jason

Congrats on the new ride!! Hope to see ya at the track some this year.

Rick

Hey Rick, long time no see. We're getting the car tomorrow morning, and hopefully Katie will even let me have a turn driving it in a week or two. At lot of our track schedule will depend on where she gets accepted to school, but I definitely plan on track days tacking precedence over autocross this season.

What car(s) do you have now? You sold the white vert for a track car awhile back, right? Jane still have the Z?

Hey Jason

Congrats on the new ride!! Hope to see ya at the track some this year.

Rick

Hey Rick, long time no see. We're getting the car tomorrow morning, and hopefully Katie will even let me have a turn driving it in a week or two. At lot of our track schedule will depend on where she gets accepted to school, but I definitely plan on track days tacking precedence over autocross this season.

What car(s) do you have now? You sold the white vert for a track car awhile back, right? Jane still have the Z?

we coinverted Rick over to a 2004 ZO6- takes a while for a Ford guy to come to his senses....

Pulled the trigger today:

02 Z, all stock except Konis.

Wow, that's a great looking hound. You know if you get it fixed you'll gain some points back.

Wow, that's a great looking hound. You know if you get it fixed you'll gain some points back.

He came fixed from the pound. But he is a bit of a ham.

What car(s) do you have now? Jane still have the Z?

Here is a shot of us coming through turn 10 at Barber with NASA in Oct, 2007.

CDL_282_NASA_071013.jpg[/img]

Brett also converted to a MY 02 Z06 and was at the event with us. Here is a paddock shot.

Barber2007001.jpg

And yes I am even driving a Chevy truck these days which is another long story.

Here is a lap with the three of us togather.

th_Brett.jpg

What are your plans for '08? What events are you guys planning to run?

Those shocks (+3) and a set of 295 Rs (+10) are enough to put you into TTS .

You could run a +7 tire in 295 with them and stay TTA.

Last year 315 NT01s and those shocks would be a perfect "19" - not anymore though.

Last year 315 NT01s and those shocks would be a perfect "19" - not anymore though.

what changed?

:edit: Never mind i found the actual rules under PT, and the tire changes, you guys need to place the "red line" updates under TT as well, and not asume everybody is going to read the rules update posts.

well I don't know about other regions, but us SE guys will all be submitting new car classification forms. That'll make the changes obvious

[What are your plans for '08? What events are you guys planning to run?

Right now I'm aiming for both Atlantas, Barber, and both Putnums. That's about as far as I want to drive since our "tow" vehicle is also our race car. Throw in our usual 2-3 track days at Nashville Superspeedway, and still keeping our feet wet in autocross, it should be a busy summer.