1996 BTCC / NATCC Honda Accord, RHD, Roller.

MPME

New racing projects necessitate the sale or trade of this car. Trades are of more interest than cash, to be honest.

1996 BTCC / NATCC Honda Accord, RHD, Roller

Factory Honda-built Racer, $250K new.

2150lbs w/steel original body panels (per the Super Touring rules). Car can be MUCH lighter with carbon body panels.

Built in England by MSD (Motorsport Developments), the factory Honda BTCC (British Touring Car) team.

Commissioned by DC Sports in California to run in the 1996 NATCC (North American Touring Car Championship) series by touring car champion Lance Stewart. NATCC series was owned/run by the CART Indycar series, and raced under identical BTCC rules. The NATCC series was cancelled before the car could be completed, and as a result, never turned a wheel. Car was legal in all international Super Touring series (BTCC. NATCC, GTCC, JTCC).

This is a brand new car from 1996 that has never been raced or turned a wheel on track.

Original DC Sports paint and series stickers from 1996. A piece of Honda Racing history.

Built with the best parts, and an incredible amount of carbon fiber, titanium, and magnesium. Carbon pedal box, titanium and carbon subframes, fabricated suspension, altered suspension pickup points, cockpit adjustable sway bars, racing steering rack, AP air jacks, AP calipers and discs, BBS centerlock wheels, etc.

Sold as a complete roller, minus drivetrain (engine, gearbox, axles, drivetrain support systems), shocks, and wiring harness. Car originally used a rotated mount head and sequential gearbox; sourcing those or fitting it with a newer Honda drivetrain are options, but both require serious Honda expertise. It's not a car just anybody can complete if you want to restore it to BTCC specs. If you want to change it for NASA Super Unlimited or similar, you can do whatever you want to modify and adapt it.

When completed it will be ready to run in Time Attack, NASA, or SCCA. An incredibly light, stiff and fast car. In 1996, the cars ran with approx. 300hp, and set times 3sec faster than modern SPEED World Challenge GT cars.

Comes with:

2 sets of BBS Wheels

2 sets of original Michelin slicks, mounted

4 spare Centerlock wheel hubs

4 spare Lug nuts

Hub servicing tools

Misc shock, CV joint/axle pieces

1996 NATCC year book.

Price: $15,000. Located in Northern California.

P1200009.JPG

P1200010.JPG

P1200014.JPG

P1200016.JPG

P1200019.JPG

Beautiful car, but I gotta ask....is this cage NASA Compliant per the CCR?

P1200016.JPG

Does NASA have a single cage rule that applies to all classes?

I could be wrong, but I thought regardless of the class, the car still had to meet the requirements of the CCR.

I could be wrong, but I thought regardless of the class, the car still had to meet the requirements of the CCR.

You are correct, they do have them in the CCR, and this wouldn't pass.

What you could do, is get the car log booked in a class that fallows FIA rules for cage, and then get a NASA log book with that. They do allow this, as many hondas that were built in japan have been shipped and are now running in NASA. They simply had an FIA log book.

I am not sure about SCCA though.

I think there is another person in the bay area with the a motor and tranny set up. The tranny is brand new. It was super super expensive brand new, in 1995 the invoice for it was more than $30,000.

It definitely won't meet the NASA CCR, and likely not the SCCA GCR, but I can't speak for SCCA.

However, FIA legal cages are allowed in NASA. All FIA legal cages generate a paper trail and have an FIA ID plate affixed to the cage. If the FIA plate is there, you are good to go in any NASA class.

• 5 weeks later...
  • National Staff

You could more than likely get this car log booked under homologation rules. That's in the CCR and I've done it before for cars that have been built to other specs like "winston west" and "Busch, nextel cup cars".

Amazing car!

• 1 month later...
used a rotated mount head

what does that mean?

is it going to be possible to mount a k20 in there? i know mounts will have to be made but i just cant get a good picture of what need to be done(where the engine can sit?origional position?)

and will coilover assemblies made for that version accord bolt on? or would they not physicaly fit with all the suspension modification?

nice car

Our Accord was ran in the NATCC and we had to cut almost the whole cage out and replace it. It was good enough to race on tha same tracks as CART cars on some of the best circuits in the world, but wasn't good enough for club racing......(THANKS INSURANCE) After all was said and done my dad bought a real nice paint job. Also had to put a front clip on the car. The front end was modified so much because they lowered the engine and moved it rearward for weight.

That is a beautiful piece of art. We have the same splitter and it is awesome. We also have the same wing....Super expensive parts. The inner door panels and b-pillar and c-pillars are all covered in carbon.

Good luck on the sale.

Jeff Lepper

ustcc_04.jpg

ustcc_22.jpg

• 4 months later...
Our Accord was ran in the NATCC and we had to cut almost the whole cage out and replace it. It was good enough to race on tha same tracks as CART cars on some of the best circuits in the world, but wasn't good enough for club racing......(THANKS INSURANCE) After all was said and done my dad bought a real nice paint job. Also had to put a front clip on the car. The front end was modified so much because they lowered the engine and moved it rearward for weight.

That is a beautiful piece of art. We have the same splitter and it is awesome. We also have the same wing....Super expensive parts. The inner door panels and b-pillar and c-pillars are all covered in carbon.

Good luck on the sale.

Jeff Lepper

ustcc_04.jpg

ustcc_22.jpg

Any information on where I can source your rear spoiler? looks just like a JTCC spoiler I'm trying to find for an Accord I'm building for track use.

Thank you.

Any information on where I can source your rear spoiler? looks just like a JTCC spoiler I'm trying to find for an Accord I'm building for track use.

Thank you.

http://www.teamcobaltcalifornia.com/

I'd get a hold of them from that site, as jeff and his dad Tom aren't on this board too much. They do answer their emails quickly though.

Thank you.

http://www.teamcobaltcalifornia.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd get a hold of them from that site, as jeff and his dad Tom aren't on this board too much. They do answer their emails quickly though.

thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you.

http://www.teamcobaltcalifornia.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thank you!

weird question, but are you "katman" from the FFsquad?

The one and only

btw I emailed them but no response

I'll see them this weekend and find out what Tom says about the wing. The car might even be at this event

The one and only

btw I emailed them but no response

I'll see them this weekend and find out what Tom says about the wing. The car might even be at this event

great thanks!

You think you can snap some photos of the wing for me? I can't get a reall good make of the wing with the posted photos to well..

talked to Tom today, the car was not at the track though.

He said that the wing was the 'spec' wing for the Hondas in BTCC during that time. He doesn't remember the name of the company that makes them, but he said he is pretty sure they still make BTCC parts to this day. He said the wing was ridiculously expensive (around $ 3,000) when he got it. I would imagine it is worse now, because of the value of the Pounds going up versus the US dollar

talked to Tom today, the car was not at the track though.

He said that the wing was the 'spec' wing for the Hondas in BTCC during that time. He doesn't remember the name of the company that makes them, but he said he is pretty sure they still make BTCC parts to this day. He said the wing was ridiculously expensive (around $ 3,000) when he got it. I would imagine it is worse now, because of the value of the Pounds going up versus the US dollar

Thanks so much for getting in contact with him and for the information =)