Forced Air Helmets - anybody using them?

JackBaruth

I'm getting ready to buy my next helmet, looking at Impact! and Stand 21. Both manufacturers offer forced-air helmets for very little extra money, so I'm considering whether it would be worth trying.

Is anybody out there using a forced air helmet system? Do you like it? Does it make a difference? I never feel particularly overheated or short of breath with my existing helmet, but I'd like to close the visor during races more often and it occurs to me that I could do that in an FI helmet.

Jack,

Forced air helmets are a great addition...especially when hot or behind a car with foul smelling exhaust. Fresh clean air around your head will keep your concentration up and make you less vulnerable to heat exhaustion. Impact Racing makes a forced air helmet that also has a piece of fabric that rests just above your nose that keeps your breath away from the inside of the visor. No fogging of the visor when it rains.....incredible !!

pm me for a price...

Phil