my new AI s197 Build

stevepoe

I've always wondered what other people are doing thru the winter months and who is building cars and how and what they are doing.I thought I would share a few pictures of my current build for the 08 season. I'm always up for constructive criticism and other view points of how things could or even should be done. The plan for the car is a fr500c type cage fuel injected 347 14"brakes 17" wheels. either a griggs torque arm with watts link or upper race three link and adjustable panhard bar. The cage is being done by http://www.modulardepot.com In Cincinnati Ohio. heck of a operation and great all around people .

300253516.jpg

300253506.jpg

300253512.jpg

300253537.jpg

300253533.jpg

300253528.jpg

300253521.jpg

Steve Poe

[email protected]

Great Lakes region

Bulldog Racing

Cincinnati Ohio

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevepoe

• Micks 41

• gbrown8439

• marshallmosty

The plan for the car is a fr500c type cage fuel injected 347 14"brakes 17" wheels.

Steve Poe

[email protected]

Great Lakes region

Bulldog Racing

Cincinnati Ohio

huh, an s197 guy going with 14" brakes and 17" tires...guess it's not that hard afterall...?

Looks like a nice build. when do you think it will hit the track?

It will be done for Mid Ohio April 12th 13th. Cage builder is suppose to be finished end of next week. 2 weeks for paint then assembly. I have everything ready to assemble the car and plan on taking vacation as needed to get it finished.

huh, an s197 guy going with 14" brakes and 17" tires...guess it's not that hard afterall...?
Good luck with that. I'll have my toe plates and tape measure handy.

Having built quite a few race cars from S197 BIWs

Scott, Thanks . Actually leaving today to go look at your work in Daytona.

Have fun down there. I was supposed to be down there helping Rehagen for the Cup race (today) and then spotting for the 24-hr race this weekend, but all sorts of things happened, work went to hell, and now I'm staying home. Oh well....

(By the way, working on race cars all day, with a massive budget and amazing tools and people to back you up, is just amazing....)

(By the way, working on race cars all day, with a massive budget and amazing tools and people to back you up, is just amazing....)

Stop rubbing it in Scott.

You have what some of us would consider a dream job.

Well, hopefully just about the time you're ready to move on from THIS car, I'll be ready to buy it!!!

I can't wait to see it in action. What's with all the stupid subtext about 14" brakes and 17" wheels? Didn't you tell them that the 17 inch wheels are on the BACK and the 14" brakes are on the FRONT under 20 inch dubs??? Jeesh people

So I made a trip down to the shop saturday and took a few more pictures.. suppose to be done end of

the week.. Really happy with the work so far.

302246398.jpg

302246382.jpg

302246382.jpg

302245940.jpg

302246417.jpg

Not welding this one yourself?????
with age comes wisdom..... I've learned my lessons from welding. sorry you got the blunt end of my welding days..."HEARD ABOUT NATIONALS A FEW YEARS BACK"

Figure since I'm a father now I'd stop cutting corners to things that could save your life possibly someday

Thanks Brian, should be a nice car. The rear shock tower boX sits over the stock tower. the access hole is to get to the top of the shock adjuster. I believe they put that in for attaching points for the cage.

That's some damn nice welding. I'm in the middle of re-doing mine, but the welding does not look like that!

Thanks Scott.

Our fabricator takes a lot of pride in the quality of his work and it shows.

We do our best to keep him happy and busy.

man you beat me to that comment! i may "borrow" that idea, if it's alright? i wanted to be able to put a passenger seat in, but was to stupid to come up with that idea.