Pro truck rear wing

oxi

I am new to NASA so new I am not a member yet.

I run my Tacoma X-Runner on road courses with the Midwest Council at Blackhawk Farms, Autobahn and Road America. I compete in the C-mod class with them and this year I am modding my aerodynamics package for better lap times.

I am planning a revised chin spoiler up front, covering the open bed with an aluminum roll-back type bed cover and I am concerned about rear lift as I seal the bed. I have ran fine with the open bed close to 130 at Road America, the truck is stable and sticks because with the tailgate up it acts like a wing in the rear giving downforce.

I have seen pics of the pro trucks and I am wondering what angles and how large are the rear wings on those trucks?

My dimensions are a 73.5 inch bed length, 20 inches from top of bed to top of cab, 128 inch wheelbase (not kidding there), 3700 pound truck dry and the bed cover will weigh 80 pounds.

Rear axle weight is around 1600 pounds and close to 2000 front. Truck is lowered 2 inches front and 3 inches rear.

Is anyone from the truck series or knows of someone that races with them?

Also how can I get in touch with top officials of the series to find out what they run for a rear wing? The website seems to not work properly.

depends on what series you'd want to race with us in... Time Trials? Performance Touring? Super Touring? you'd fit all of those and maybe a few others I'm not thinking of right now...

No tech on the wing but welcome to NASA Midwest. Make sure you visit the Midwest section for schedule and other info.

Sidney

AI #64

(Former MC racer)

depends on what series you'd want to race with us in... Time Trials? Performance Touring? Super Touring? you'd fit all of those and maybe a few others I'm not thinking of right now...

Start with HPDE at Road America and Mid-Ohio then time trials but also an instructor at Road America would be sweet.

No tech on the wing but welcome to NASA Midwest. Make sure you visit the Midwest section for schedule and other info.

Sidney

AI #64

(Former MC racer)

Thanks, you will see me at Road America this year.

Since I am running full season with Midwest Council, next year I should be running more with NASA Midwest.

Pete

Pete,

Why wait till Road America? NASA's HPDE and TT programs are a much better deal than MC's 3 laps at speed. The amount of track time for the money and the competition in TT cannot be beat.

Hope to see that truck sooner!

Sidney

Pete,

Why wait till Road America? NASA's HPDE and TT programs are a much better deal than MC's 3 laps at speed. The amount of track time for the money and the competition in TT cannot be beat.

Hope to see that truck sooner!

Sidney

I am trying to finish with MC with a class championship. Last year I finished 2nd in class for my rookie season. So I have to dedicate time to qualify for the season championships. Also I am traveling abroad in May that will take quite a bit of vacation time slotted for this season. The nice thing is my parents live just north of Beloit, Wisconsin and I actually grew up off of Wittemore Drive in South Beloit, back in the area where the new high school was built, so it's kind of a home track for me not even 5 minute drive. They actually ran an off-road race, SODA series one day and met Johnnie Greaves for the first time.