How come there is no Pacific Northwest forum?

egertk

So are there no NASA events in the region? No members in the area? I'm really interested in the GTS series but it seems like the majority of events are away from this area entirely.

It takes numbers and apparently there are no numbers interested in participating. My daughter lives in the Seattle area and when I visited last summer I couldnt find anything about much of any kind of activity out there but a couple of small dirt oval tracks. Portland, OR has a road course but have no idea who runs there besides Indy cars. Maybe you can find a way to drum up some interest. Someone out there has to be going somewhere to drive fast

Well we have Pacific Raceways (formerly Seattle International Raceway) up here in the Seattle area, it's actually got a great track, lots of elevation change, and they are currently doing a huge 135 million dollar renovation/expansion project. PIR down in Portland is also a pretty nice track, used to bring ALMS, not sure what happened to that unfortunately now I have to do a yearly road trip to Utah to see ALMS racing. I know there are a lot of different track days and racing events going on through the BMWCCA and the PCA but it just seems like outside of those clubs there isn't much organization perhaps? What does it take to initiate NASA racing events in a new region?