"pro cars" and there classing

slammed_93_hatch

A thread in the PT forum actually got me thinking about the "pro cars" that are classified now in the non ES class. Isn't it a lot to ask of NASA to keep on re-classing them year after year? Or maybe even a few times in a year.

I know that i have watched Grand-Am ST cars weight change by 200 plus pounds, or one car has cams and then they are taken away. Or even some cars get cams.

It just seems like USTCC, World Challenge, and Grand-Am. and even a spec series like the MX5 cup cars rules change a lot more frequently then in club racing. And that it is/would be quite the task to keep up with the constant changing nature of these.

I do realize that rules in club to change, but it seems a lot less of an issue.

And yes i do realize also the class are kept in the same "speed range" but some times there is also changes in the "speed range".

All of this is my thought processes in which i came to the conclusion that maybe all "pro cars" should be ES cars...

Any thoughts?

It is good sentiment jimmy. But using your ST car example, you already probably know that those cars are far from being the fastest cars in club racing. Most of them end up on the heavy side compared to what a club team can build, because they will be restricted by their corresponding "pro" class rules.

Now grand-am cars will be ES just because of there fuel felivery method, but a SWC car or Mx-5 car isn't, and I just can't see it being appropriate to class either of those cars against a GT3 or M3.

I am not suggesting I have a better idea, I just don't see how that is a solution, or how that will make people who own "pro" cars want to race in WERC.

SWC TC and GT are both already ES cars.

It is just the consistent changing. Even look at USTCC, there rules have change many times in the past year