Willow Springs Enduro

SRC/SampsonRacingComm.

Great car count! and a great night for racing.

Wanted to say... I'm so sorry for the oil mess in turn 8 during practice sat morn. I know it cut into our groups season and made Ryan's day It was a major blow-up w/ rod out the side of the pan.

What were the finishing orders?

You can wait for "Mylaps" to see the official results, but I believe overall, it was Porsche 911, 1-2-3.

Tecce's Honda won E2. I came in second in my new red 944. Not sure how far behind.

We were struggling to get the new 944 ready. It had no lighting, including the dash. Sleep deprivation, etc. But we made it. I was just about ready to swap all our gear over to the tried and true black and white striped 924S car. I had great help. Radios were not working..........one light destroyed during the Sat. sprint race. With about 6 laps to go in the enduro, , I lost the track between turns 8 and 9! (lights!) I did a controlled slide that was easily 100 yards long before it finally spun out. Got back under way quickly and blew the dust off the windshield...........dummy!

We took 9th Overall out of 31 entries, so I was extremely pleased. Wish you could have been there too.

Sorry about your engine.

Tim Comeau

Comeau Racing Enterprises, Inc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey BTW, Who nailed the jack rabbit between turns 2 and 3. Did you see that? Poor thing. He got 2/3's of the way across the track, had a brain fart, and decided to go back!!! Silly rabbit! WHAM!

I remember back in 1996 or so a rabbit got stuck under the front spoiler of our team's 914-6. Messy........

• 3 weeks later...
Hey BTW, Who nailed the jack rabbit between turns 2 and 3. Did you see that? Poor thing. He got 2/3's of the way across the track, had a brain fart, and decided to go back!!! Silly rabbit! WHAM!

I remember back in 1996 or so a rabbit got stuck under the front spoiler of our team's 914-6. Messy........

That was me in the black and white early 911 EO car #15. There was alongside so he got nailed. No sign of rabbit on the car, so I think I punted the poor critter out into the weeds a good way. I don't remember seeing it on the track next lap around.

Russ

I was working the pits a few years ago during a night enduro and a 911 came in for a pentaly stop (spilled too much fuel during refueling). As I was standing in front of the car, I noticed he has picked up a passenger - a large rabbit had wedged himself between the splitter and air dam. I pointed this out to a crew member who reached in and tried to remove the rabbit, but was only 1/2 successful as a majority of the rabbit stayed wedged on the front of the car (ugh!).

I will never forget the look on the face of the crew member has he realized he had 1/2 the rabbit in his hand