Don't forget: Setup on SPEED tonight at 8pm!

Skeen

"Pass Jr by lap two or you're going home"

WTF? They keep throwing crap at Mke. Of course, Mike keeps meeting the challenges.

Nice job Mike, the whole family is rooting for you.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skeen

• Mberglo

• Varkwso

• mpowers

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF? They keep throwing crap at Mke. Of course, Mike keeps meeting the challenges.

Anyone who's watched NASCAR the last decade or so ought to be familiar with officials making up the rules as they go along

StraightSix

Anyone who's watched NASCAR the last decade or so ought to be familiar with officials making up the rules as they go along

From some things I've read, NASCAR has pretty much made up rules as they go along since they started.

Why did the tech guy get all pissy about the fire suppression not being activated? Are you supposed to pull the pin everytime you go off track? There was no fire. That guy seems a bit impressed by himself.

Why did the tech guy get all pissy about the fire suppression not being activated? Are you supposed to pull the pin everytime you go off track? There was no fire. That guy seems a bit impressed by himself.

He was complaining that the safety pin was not pulled. Therefore the system could NOT be activated by the driver if he needed to.

I think they were inferring that a) Skeen had "undone his Setup" so the "new" Geico drivers wouldn't learn it...and b) that all drivers were supposed to all pull their safety pins either before they all head out on track or, at the very least, immediately after plowing thru a fence.

Smart move to neutralize the car on a)....bit of a stretch on b) if you ask me.

-=- T

So does this mean thus far into the competition that Spec E30 drivers are better than CMC drivers who are better than AI drivers?

<>

So does this mean thus far into the competition that Spec E30 drivers are better than CMC drivers who are better than AI drivers?

<>

Only when driving Pontiac E30s.

Finally got to see what all the talk is about, It's really hard to watch when you don't have cable. Mike you did an excellent job, and handled yourself so much better than I would under the circumstances, what is with all the arbitrary decisions and " JUMP THROUGH THIS HOOP NOW OR YOU GO HOME" Seems juvenile at best and totally A- hole at worst. Still, Glad to Mike doing what he does oh so well. WIN

I don't really now about the loose bolts thing. I'm pretty sure Ryan didn't loosen anything and I know I didn't. We hadn't done a nut/bolt check yet that day, maybe we had been making changes or something. We weren't hiding anything, that's for sure. We gave them a damn setup sheet with all our specs and had been fairly open about our setup with most people during the whole show. We didn't give out our tire pressures b/c we felt we had something no one else did, but as for alignment, everyone was pretty close I think.

SilverEIGHT
Finally got to see what all the talk is about, It's really hard to watch when you don't have cable. Mike you did an excellent job, and handled yourself so much better than I would under the circumstances, what is with all the arbitrary decisions and " JUMP THROUGH THIS HOOP NOW OR YOU GO HOME" Seems juvenile at best and totally A- hole at worst. Still, Glad to Mike doing what he does oh so well. WIN

I think it just adds entertainment. I'm sure if he didn't win the small challenge that they would surely say... "Naaa, we were just kidding!" They couldn't send SuperMan home. Heck, they tried earlier and everyone on the show, including the producer was trying to find a way to get him back on... Dang SuperMan, don't do that to us again (run off track on the last lap). I think I had a small heart attack watching that one. Mike, you have certainly made Thursday evening a fun day for me. I can't wait for the next installment.

So, which one of you hot-shots is going to represent us next time?

My wife - who never watches racing or reality shows told me was fan of this "Mike Skeen" - she was impressed by the demeanor and skill....

So, which one of you hot-shots is going to represent us next time?

You know, until watching this show, I never even considered that someone that wasn't born into it could make a living doing this stuff. I just always think of it as "that stupidly expensive hobby that I can't get enough of". Sometimes I think the Governer of New York has a cheaper hobby.

dbright007

Midway thru the show, they did make it sound like you were doing something sneaky. That was the implication anyway.

By the end, they were kicking themselves about it.

I am having so much fun watching this. You have definitely become the Terminator every else is worried about.

• Members

<>

SE E30 drivers are better than anything that comes from TX...

<>