Don't forget: Setup on SPEED tonight at 8pm!

Skeen

There should be the rerun tonight if I can stay awake...

DVR!

TRACK ADDICTION!!! I have no money for non essentials...

Copy that, Varkwso.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skeen

• Mberglo

• Varkwso

• mpowers

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched every episode, and have never felt such tension while watching TV. And I only know "of" Mike Skeen from all my time at NASA events. It is great fun to watch, and it is really fun to watch Mike beat up on the competition.

SilverEIGHT

Mike, I'd like to know more about the tire pressure you mentioned on the last episode. What pressure were the others running and what was your pressure? The fact that you had to build up your pressure meant you needed two laps to be able to pass the guy they put in front of you.

Damn, talk about tightening the screws. Seems like they are really leaning on Jr and Skeen.

Sounded like the guys with the modded brake pads kept changing their story. But with TV editing you never know.

gimpstang

Maybe it was in the rules but the guys who modded the brakes seemed to be doing exactly what a crew chief is supposed to do. If the car isn't set up correctly for the driver then its the crew chief's responsibility to correct that. He didn't use any performance parts and he didn't have spares (which I gather from the host's statements, is illegal) If anything that car had less overall braking because of the reduced contact area. Why was there such a big stink?

kbrew8991

the good ol' "if it doesn't say you can, then you can't" mantra that is common in spec and limited prep series...

The rules clearly stated that no modifications were allowed and other teams had asked if this was possible and been denied--though not publicly, so I doubt the WOW Factor knew.

We started running the series with cold pressures in the mid- to upper-30's based on previous street tire experience. However, after losing our team mate to the Bridgestone car, we made some changes. The cold pressures on the BS car were something like 20 psi. For that first race after separating, we (the Geico car) decided to split the difference and run 26 psi IIRC. Car felt great and we then tweaked from there. I suspect everyone else was running higher pressures, but I do not know.

SilverEIGHT

HOLY CRAP! How many times did that car flip? Jeeeezzzz! I hope he's OK, Mike, I know you can't tell us anything but I really hope he's not hurt.

What's with starting you at the rear every time now?

Man, it's going to be a long time till next Thursday.

kbrew8991

they've gridded you in the back every race that show, and you were what, 2nd in all the races? And they're saying you're slipping?? right

Wow is right! Car is appropriately named. Hope Dannon is okay.

Adios, Christiano, you egotistical jerk!

After eliminating two people per week, it seems sudden to have one race eliminate 10. It's also interesting to see folks bump and smoke tires on the first lap of 50.

Agreed, it seems like a long time until Thursday now.

bluesmini

Skeen what's the word on that mystery black car we see every so often? It looks like an old hotrod in flat black with a chrome grill and it's always in a shot or two each show

thanks,

fast MINI that NO one could ever drive faster than me

they've gridded you in the back every race that show, and you were what, 2nd in all the races? And they're saying you're slipping?? right

you have that right...

I hope the wreck did not collect up Mike as collateral damage...

So when is the next show going to air? I did not see it next Thursday at 8 PM

SPICcnmGT
So when is the next show going to air? I did not see it next Thursday at 8 PM

It looks like it comes on at 8pm, well I guess 9pm for you. At least my DVR says it does so I hope it's right.

Skeen what's the word on that mystery black car we see every so often? It looks like an old hotrod in flat black with a chrome grill and it's always in a shot or two each show

Schumacher is trolling the field in that car. He'll step out of the car to congratulate the winner.

bluesmini

please note that the final episode is at 10pm EST this week.

anyone know how Mike did at Laguna this week? Nothing's posted on the barber site.

• Members

STAY TUNED FOR MORE...

We are cooking up something for THIS Thursday nite... details to follow

please note that the final episode is at 10pm EST this week.

anyone know how Mike did at Laguna this week? Nothing's posted on the barber site.

I heard he set the track record in qualifying. And I think that was his second time on that track.

Spec E30 is gonna miss you, Mike

This just in....

According to Six Degrees of Separation, Mike Skeen is now from the NASA Texas region!!!

-=- Todd

mpowers

you got Ken what more do you need

• Members
This just in....

According to Six Degrees of Separation, Mike Skeen is now from the NASA Texas region!!!

-=- Todd

That's the ONLY way the Texas region could get a fast driver!!!