Gateway International 4/26 & 4/27

Damon in STL

I recently joined NASA and just signed up for the NASA Race School at Gateway for 4/26 & 4/27 and will be running a GTS2 e30 M3. Who else is planning on racing in GTS that weekend?

Cheers,

Damon in STL

I guess that won't be too long of a drive for you

I'll be doing the school too, and also have an E30 M3 that I plan on running in GTS2.

Sounds like we're on the same path!

Btw, have you used the guys at Midcoastperformance? I was thinking of having them do my tech. inspection on the friday afternoon before the school.

I guess that won't be too long of a drive for you

I'll be doing the school too, and also have an E30 M3 that I plan on running in GTS2.

Sounds like we're on the same path!

Btw, have you used the guys at Midcoastperformance? I was thinking of having them do my tech. inspection on the friday afternoon before the school.

Yep....that 15 minute drive is a killer. ND....I actually had to look at the map to see how far of a drive that is!!! Man....that is a tow!

I don't know Midcoastperformance other than what I've seen on their website. They appear to be more of a drag race shop...but, I could be mistaken. I dyno'd my car recently at Tuxedo Park Racing (which is about 10 min. from the track and does a lot of work with SCCA cars) and was talking to the owner about if they could do the NASA inspection. He told me he had contacted NASA about becoming an approved shop...but, had not heard back from them. Matter of fact, I emailed Dave Royce asking about Tuxedo Park Racing yesterday evening. I'd prefer to work with a shop that is more geared towards road racing than drag racing.

Cheers,

Damon in STL

"towing-r-us"! But some of the other tracks this year, RoadAmerica and MAM esp., are closer for me.

I'll keep my eyes open to see if Tuxedo gets added to the NASA certified list.....

Nice to see a couple more GTS2 cars this season! I hope you guys will make a few of the races (RA,Autobahn,Putnam ect) I cant make Gateway but look forward to seeing a few more cars in class this season!

Nice to see a couple more GTS2 cars this season! I hope you guys will make a few of the races (RA,Autobahn,Putnam ect) I cant make Gateway but look forward to seeing a few more cars in class this season!

Hi Eric,

I'm planning on definitely being at Autobahn in July and I'm also trying to make Putnam in May. At Autobahn I'm driving my e30 M3 in the sprints and (if we close the deal....) a e30 318i ITB prep'd car for the enduro.

Cheers,

Damon in STL

• 2 weeks later...

Mid Coast Performance is not really a drag race shop. They started by doing nothing but road-racing cars. There are right now about 12 different road-race cars in there, including mine.

They work on drag cars, and street cars, and now a couple of dirt modifieds, but still they are pretty much road-race experts.

If you need something, better call them soon, season is fast approaching!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!

Just checking to see who going to come to this! It'll be my first NASA race and I'm totally looking forward to some good competition!

Hey guys!

Just checking to see who going to come to this! It'll be my first NASA race and I'm totally looking forward to some good competition!

Not sure if I'll be good competition, but I'll be there, doing the school on Sat and I think racing GTS on Sunday. Same with Damon (both of us running E30s). There are several P-cars and an Audi in the school too, so maybe they will join GTS...

I'll be doing the school Saturday, and if I pass, the GTS race on Sunday. I won't have time to dyno my car before then, so I'll have to run GTSU for that event (no points).

I'll be doing the school Saturday, and if I pass, the GTS race on Sunday. I won't have time to dyno my car before then, so I'll have to run GTSU for that event (no points).

Mark, there will be a dyno there Sat and Sun, and maybe Friday. See this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=21596

Let's get some more GTS racers for the upcoming Gateway event. I just looked at the entry list...and frankly, I'm disappointed there are not more of us running the weekend. Come on guys...new track and a fun town...come and join us for the fun.