TT Directors--How big's your roster?

Greg G.

• National Staff

I'm the TT Director for SoCal, and our season is going great. We've grown from about 10 drivers at the beginning of the season to a roster of 35 drivers now. We run TTA, TTB, TTC, TTD, and TTF. Our largest group is TTD with 10 drivers, followed by TTA with 8. I was wondering how big your regions are currently?

Greg,

Here in OH/IN we're smaller, with from 5 or 6 at a small event to 15 or so at our larger ones. We might have 3 or 4 in a single class at a large event.

Our TT group is composed of two types of people - those in training for a racing license (running TT prior to comp school), and those who aren't going racing but want to run against the clock. The first group moves on to racing so we have a pretty constant flux of participants.

For regulars, we have TTA, a couple in TTB, two or three in TTC and one in TTD. I think the August Mid-Ohio event will be larger as it's a special weekend and we get our own run group (no more mixing it up with HPDE3!).

Greg,

Currently in Nocal I Have 15 classed cars with TTE being the largest by far. However, only 5 have run most or all of the events. Hopefully the group 4 drivers will see the light and run in TT next year.

• National Staff

Hey Steve, thanks for replying.

Also, I'm trying to get a run group for TT (and HPDE4 if there's not enough TT drivers) for the Las Vegas event on Nov 6th and 7th. This could be a great opportunity for SoCal, NorCal, Arizona, and Southern Nevada region TT drivers to get together. I know that you guys have Thunderhill the next weekend. We have Buttonwillow the next weekend in SoCal, but I already have 10 drivers committed to also going to Las Vegas if we get the run group. I have 2 more drivers that said they will probably go. I'm still waiting to hear from 17 more of my drivers. Can you check with your drivers and see if any of them are interested in going please.

Thanks,

Greg

• Members

The SoCal TT program is going great, and I want to express our thanks to Greg Greenbaum. He is doing a great job as the TT leader and is getting everyone very fired up. This is a great thing for all the regions. It will be nice to have some of the serious HPDE folks join us at the end of year banquet and hand out regional TT awards. NASA is as much about our HPDE programs as it is racing. We hople all you other TT leaders are finding success as well.

Good luck,

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm just a time trialer, not a director - hope it's ok to jump in here....

I'd just like to say that I'm very happy with the time trial program and glad to be participating in it. I'm in the OH/IN region, where it was introduced I think toward the end of last year. So this is the first full year for it and it does seem to be picking up steam. Just this past weekend at Mid Ohio I had several people seek me out to ask questions after seeing my car (Miata in TTE). So to all the directors out there, I hope you stick with the program and give it a chance to grow.

Later,

- Markus

• National Staff

Glad you're with us Markus. Keep spreading the word!

Directors: You should consider chatting with the HPDE 3 guys at your next few events to motivate them to get on the track the rest of this year so they can Time Trial next season.