Watkins Glen Tech Question

Ming1.8t

I've signed up for the May HPDE at Watkins Glen, I was just wondering what the order of events were so I can book my hotel room. I've done some track events with the Audi Club and usually they have tech the day before the actual start of the event which means 2 nights in the hotel.

Does the NASA operate in a similar fasion? Will I need to expect to be in Watkins Glen for tech the day before the actual event?

I only live 90 mins from the track, so leaving the morning of the event is not a problem, just don't want to spend the money on 2 nights if I don't have to. Thanks in advance.

Chris

Not 100% certain of this...but I will say Friday evening will be the opening of tech at the track. Though I am sure they do Saturday morning tech as well...but I suggest from experience that you get in line early.

I would suggest that you contact the Head of Tech for NASA-NE and ask to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The NASA / PDA people do tech in the morning at Watkins. Your instructor does not tech the car for you. There will be signs indicating where to get the car teched.