Transponder--AMB TranX 260 DP "Pro" with Driver ID unit

elcap00

The Grand Am series runs them. They are a normal AMB transponder but they also have another wire that goes up to were the drivers radio hook up is, it is different then the radio hookup but the same style. Each driver has a different colored plug, each different colored plug has that drivers name attached to it. This way grand am knows who is in the car at all times.

I think they call it the DP unit because the DP rolex cars were the first to use it. And i thought and a little internet seaching confirmed that the only way you can get them is through Grand Am. They aren't even listed as an item on the AMB website

Thanks for the information--I actually have one that came with some other transponders I bought--any ideas on where I can sell it or who would be interested?

I am a Porsche guy---I dont even know what Grand Am is.

Thanks

i'd go to, http://forums.grand-am.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; create a user name and sell it on there.

It looks like these units sell for around 1300 new, there is some one else selling one on the GA forums.

never mind looks like you already did!

• 12 years later...

Does anyone know where I can find any of the DP Pro-t or DP Pro-i blue hardwired ones? Anyone have one for sale or know of someone who does? If so, text me

484-709-6851