Infineon 4/12-13

AustinG

i didn't think about that though, the PRC and AI guys don't always run with us. It looks like the legends might this year but i don't remember them last year.

were si the link to the schedule for all the events

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slammed_93_hatch

• ekim952522000

• AustinG

• Redstone

as long as this isn't a reoccuring issue, then I don't think it would be a problem. If Higher costs and lower track time becomes the norm, then we've got a big problem. I think I can deal with it once.

I gave a quick look threw the rest of the event schedules and it looks to follow the 20-20-30 format so I think we can deal with it once, I know I still plan on having a blast

this next weekends Redline Time Attack at Buttonwillow sounds much more fun to me now than running HC with NASA.

Redline gives you 5 sessions per day. 115 min on saturday & 160 minutes of track time on sunday! thats over 4.5 hrs on track all for only $400!

i hope this next weekend out at Infineon turns out to be ok. With really only two 20min session per day that's really not much driving at all. If it's anything like Thunderhill was (full of yellows and a red flag) we'll be lucky to get 10 laps completed!

yes, it sounds like im doing alot of bitching and complaining, but im not happy about the shortened track time.

Yeah, but you forget that time attack SUCKS!

so whats the car count looking like?

H1.

- Devin Raynal

- Mike Lock

- Graham Downey (maybe...)

- Bob Gill

- Andrew Vanni

- Neil Vanni ..?

- Robert Arguelles?

- Andrie Hartanto... if the TSX is done in time!

H2.

- Liam Downey

- Lenna Moore

- Mike Uhlginer

- Al Locket?

- Vitaliy Alexeev?

- Midnight?

H4.

- Jimmy Chillcot

- Brian Zed

- John A aka Meris Motorsport

- Chris Lock?

- Austin Getty - lisence testing Saturday (eg hatch d16z)

Last i talked to Al locket he is really pumped on racing and excited he is getting faster and faster. I think we can count him in for a full season.

Vito is in for a full season. I thought Chris said he was going to do this race, not sure, if not maybe some one else will drive?

Some one had said that Derek Whelch might make it to this event...

I hope both the vanni's run.

Ill be there, but if we don't have 5 drivers, i might make the jump to H2.

Dan Wright is supposed to be testing and racing this weekend.

Me and Lenna will not be able to make this one guys

Between buying my trailer and needing wheels for my car and Lenna's car still needs a transponder and other stuff. I was going to have to miss a event sometime this year to buy my trailer so I figured this one with the shortened track time was a good one to miss. But it still sucks.

I am planning to be there Jimmy! The 41 is getting a new cage. Brandon's wreck inpsired me to throw out the old POS. I was forced to conclude that, had it been MY car in that roll, a number of sub-par elements of my cage would have probably caused injurys worse than Brandon's. I had some money stashed that I was going to use to freshen the motor, but I decided to practice what I preach and go "saftey first". I have a little daugher to think about now.

It's a good thing I did, as I was cutting out the cage, sparks were flying out of all the holes in all the welds. I shuddered to think of all the people that have raced this car hard. Be careful that the "welder" you hire to build your cage really is a welder!

All of the licensing paperwork has been sent in and received, now I just need to get the class stickers/numbers done and pass the test.

Last i talked to Al locket he is really pumped on racing and excited he is getting faster and faster. I think we can count him in for a full season.

Vito is in for a full season. I thought Chris said he was going to do this race, not sure, if not maybe some one else will drive?

Some one had said that Derek Whelch might make it to this event...

I hope both the vanni's run.

Ill be there, but if we don't have 5 drivers, i might make the jump to H2.

Dan Wright is supposed to be testing and racing this weekend.

Unfortunalety my brother was not able to get his physical done in time to turn in the paperwork and the licensing for the weekend is full. So he has to wait until T-hill to test. The car will not be running at all at infineon. I'll still come out to the track and hang out and watch you all race.

Less time and higher cost is definitely not good, but we haven't seen entry price increased for a while, it was due. Add the rising gas cost and the wallet is definitely getting lighter.

There are reasons that SM get their own class and HC will probably never will. We had 13 cars at the last race and it was one of the better turn outs in a long time. The season is long, I doubt we will have consistent 13 cars or more as the year progresses based on turnouts from the last 3 years. I would love to be wrong here. So it comes down to less cars per class and less track time or more cars and less clean runs. For T&S, we love to see less cars per class!

We would love to race HC at the next race, but work and life is taking away wrench time. I am jumping into a Spec E30 at the next race, so I will still see you in group A!

There are reasons that SM get their own class and HC will probably never will. We had 13 cars at the last race and it was one of the better turn outs in a long time. The season is long, I doubt we will have consistent 13 cars or more as the year progresses based on turnouts from the last 3 years. !

i disagree i think we will see 10 plus through out the whole year. I don't think NorCal has ever had 13 cars ever. there used to be 6 or 7 h4 cars, but no just 1 or 2 H1 cars

So I was changing the plugs in my car(hadn't done that since 2004), and decided to figure out why the motor has been going soft this year. Checked the compression:

1: 170, 2: 140, 3: 170, 4: 170

Wow! I was totally surprised that it looked good! But there was other bad news when I looked at the plugs.

1: rich, 2: wet with oil, 3: wet with oil, 4: absolutely covered in unburnt oil

The engine still start up and is not missing, which is weird since cyl 4 looks like the plug hasn't been firing at all.

This was just sad, because I was hoping to defer getting a new motor for a while, but I think I may be out of options.

So I was changing the plugs in my car(hadn't done that since 2004), and decided to figure out why the motor has been going soft this year. Checked the compression:

Wow! I was totally surprised that it looked good! But there was other bad news when I looked at the plugs.

The engine still start up and is not missing, which is weird since cyl 4 looks like the plug hasn't been firing at all.

This was just sad, because I was hoping to defer getting a new motor for a while, but I think I may be out of options.

The motor sounds healthy, get that MSD thing out of there and you may have more consistent ignition. You have had the MSD box and coil in there for forever, is have more then likely taken a poop by now.

The motor sounds healthy, get that MSD thing out of there and you may have more consistent ignition. You have had the MSD box and coil in there for forever, is have more then likely taken a poop by now.

Oil in the cyl sounds healthy?

were the ends of the plug boots covered in oil too? If so then its the valve cover o rings not the valve guides to blame, and while a lot of unburnt oil in the plug holes isnt great for performance its pretty easy to fix.

I think I may have my car up there running H4, we'll see if the cage work gets done by then. If so, look for some SoCal blood to mix it up with you guys!

There are reasons that SM get their own class and HC will probably never will. We had 13 cars at the last race and it was one of the better turn outs in a long time. The season is long, I doubt we will have consistent 13 cars or more as the year progresses based on turnouts from the last 3 years. !

i disagree i think we will see 10 plus through out the whole year. I don't think NorCal has ever had 13 cars ever. there used to be 6 or 7 h4 cars, but no just 1 or 2 H1 cars

I disagree with myself if you say the number is 10 cars. But like I said, I love to be wrong, it's about time HC grows stronger.

I disagree with myself if you say the number is 10 cars. But like I said, I love to be wrong, it's about time HC grows stronger.

I'd say having 5 cars in H1, h2, and h4 would be awsome. I think H2 and h1 will have 5 for most races, but h4 will probably be under 5 cars most races.

But i'd bet on there being between 10 and 13 cars at every race. What is there something like 24 cars that could be racing in norCal HC?

Tom it will be awesome to have some of you socal guys up here!

Me and Lenna will be making all the other races this year besides one other weekend (My brother is getting married) So I don't think H2 will have any trouble getting 5 every weekend, H4 should be able too once Austin starts racing, H1 should also have no problem making 5. Five in each class would be awesome, so everyone gets max payout, and would mean we would have 15 racers minimun should be possible with all the racers we have.