How to go from Hero to Zero FAST.

Eric W.

• Members

This weekend's VIR race:

So I qualify 2nd and have a nice jump at the start. Problem was, it was drizzling all day and I had no rain tires with me

Bob Turgen in a black 993 was on Hoosier Wets and you see him fly by . I thought to myself, holy crap, he is goin OFF! He makes it, but does go off slightly. This makes Doug (red car) want to try to get by. When he hits the gas... whoops! Then me trying to avoid him gets me stuck in the mud. Race over, see you later

http://brakeswapracing.com/ericwong/videos/VIR-NASA-0308/NasaVIR032908.wmv

• Members
That must have really sucked. But not as bad as it would have if you had hit him. What could you have done differently?

Have a radio and yell at Doug BOTH FEET IN!!!??

I guess in retrospect I could have braked more and went to the right (there was a car to my right), however, if that car braked also, then I would be screwed too.

In the end, the only thing I really should have done differently was not to trust weathermen and always have rain tires with me no matter what. I have a set of practically new Hoosier Wets in my garage!!!

the only thing I really should have done differently was not to trust weathermen and always have rain tires with me no matter what.

you know how unpredictable vir weather car be...tisk tisk

Wonger, Just be glad everything is still in one piece, I sure am. So many rides torn up this weekend! We should have known the March event was going to be nasty since Feb was nice.

• Members
Wonger, Just be glad everything is still in one piece, I sure am. So many rides torn up this weekend! We should have known the March event was going to be nasty since Feb was nice.

Hey Jason,

Tried to find you guys a couple times this weekend but you werent around! Managed to say hi to you and your dad once though

See you at the April Clubrace?